Post Split Fixtures

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the fixtures and the games selected for TV are announced at the same time so cheapskates like me can book their travel and not have to worry about games getting shifted around after train or bus tickets have been booked.

Dundee fans are virtually word for word repeating what Hibs fans said, all we need is a relegation party thread...

And?

I'll bet you £20 to a charity of your choice if you think the signs are that ominous we'll finish 11th.

Again. Its virtually exactly what they were saying after they narrowly missed out on the top half.

I dont think youll finish 11th fwiw, its just so similar its worth mentioning.

Shat it.

Never noticed there was a thread for this so I'd only posted it in the County thread but:

I've done the maths on the fixtures, and there should be 1 pot-luck left for the draw. Either ourselves or St Johnstone will get an extra trip to Parkhead, whichever one draws that short straw will get the other one at home. Seeing as we're due St Johnstone at home anyway, it looks like we'll probably get that extra bogey trip to Celtic. 

Celtic: Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H), St Johnstone (A), County (H).
Aberdeen: Celtic (A), Hearts (H), Motherwell (H), St Johnstone (A), County (H).
Hearts: Celtic (H), Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (A), St Johnstone (H), County (H).
Motherwell: Celtic (A), Aberdeen (A), Hearts (H), St Johnstone (H), County (A).
St. Johnstone: Celtic (H), Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (A), County (A).
County: Aberdeen (A), Celtic (A), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H), St. Johnstone (H).

This format means only one top half fixture is reversed to make it work (as opposed to the two posted earlier in the thread).

Wonder if they will cock this up like the cup draw? Celtic to play Dundee first game after the split even though Hartleys side are in bottom six

At least we'd be guaranteed a point if that happened.

I was on a stadium tour of Celtic Park yesterday & when we went past the away dressing room the tour guide was of the opinion that the next team in there will be Aberdeen after the split.

I'd imagine the fixtures have already been filtered down on the 'what if' basis.

Wonder if they will cock this up like the cup draw? Celtic to play Dundee first game after the split even though Hartleys side are in bottom six

I think it will be Aberdeen. The league bosses will want to give them the chance to beat us to keep the title race going. Keeps an interest if possible. Good for TV & all that.

Archived