Post Split Fixtures

In defence of the split the cock ups happen when teams don't perform as they are expected.  The fixtures are calculated seeding teams in top half or bottom half.  County making the top half this season will cause a fixtures imbalance.  Rangers and Celtic will no doubt both be seeded to be top half.  So their fixtures will be balanced.

We have had 17 home games and we would be due home games against Celtic, St Johnstone and Motherwell.   Considering how close it is between St Johnstone, Motherwell and us, it would only be fair to sacrifice the Celtic game.  Going away to Celtic three times this season will be fair, as when we previously made the top half we had three home games against Celtic that season.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said in another thread, even if we lose all our post split games there's a good chance we'd still be safe.

1 win should pretty much remove any doubt though.

Dundee fans are virtually word for word repeating what Hibs fans said, all we need is a relegation party thread...

Is it right we're due three away games, and the two home games will be Aberdeen and Celtic? Id be delighted if we get a point from that

Dundee fans are virtually word for word repeating what Hibs fans said, all we need is a relegation party thread...

Is it right we're due three away games, and the two home games will be Aberdeen and Celtic? Id be delighted if we get a point from that

And?

I'll bet you £20 to a charity of your choice if you think the signs are that ominous we'll finish 11th.

We're not even in bad form - we put 5 past a confirmed top 6 side an drew with Celtic in the past week. Today was a let down but we'll not go down.

Again. Its virtually exactly what they were saying after they narrowly missed out on the top half.

I dont think youll finish 11th fwiw, its just so similar its worth mentioning.

RandomGuy., on 09 Apr 2016 - 22:01, said:

Again. Its virtually exactly what they were saying after they narrowly missed out on the top half.

It's really not.

There's no chance Dundee will finish 11th. It's between us and Killie for that (can't see United clawing it back). I'm actually really excited for the run-in as last season was just a long, long tumble towards the bottom 6 whereas the stakes are huge here. In usually a pessimist when it comes to Accies, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we'll stay up. I've said this since we beat ICT away. We are utter shite, but we are capable of shitfesting our way to a couple of wins. Of course, me saying this all means that we'll end up finishing 12th due to losing every game by a ridiculous margin between now and the end of the season :(

Hibs dropped out of the top 6 in October (just before punting Fenlon) and they never returned. They only won 4 out of their last 29 games and 1 of their last 18. :lol:  Not really comparable.

In defence of the split the cock ups happen when teams don't perform as they are expected.  The fixtures are calculated seeding teams in top half or bottom half.  County making the top half this season will cause a fixtures imbalance.  Rangers and Celtic will no doubt both be seeded to be top half.  So their fixtures will be balanced.

They shouldn't be - the 'seeding' is based on whether or not you finished 'Top 6' the previous season (i.e. if the same clubs finished top 6 the following season there would be a perfect balance)... with the promoted club standing in for the relegated one. Always has been?

I doubt that SPFL acted on the assumption that Hearts would finish top 6 this season, but they have done comfortably as most expected - so why would they make any exceptions for Rangers.

Everyone knows they will never give a 3/1 split of OF derbies but I'd be disappointed if they fiddled with the usual system to ensure it in advance.

They previously flipped 2 otherwise OK post-split games to ensure 2/2 Edinburgh derby balance, IIRC - that's preferable.

We have had 17 home games and we would be due home games against Celtic, St Johnstone and Motherwell.   Considering how close it is between St Johnstone, Motherwell and us, it would only be fair to sacrifice the Celtic game.  Going away to Celtic three times this season will be fair, as when we previously made the top half we had three home games against Celtic that season.

No that's just football, every season clubs are disadvantage due to the unequal split of home & away games.  If Dundee had one more home match than County maybe they would have been top six.  But its wrong to have the split after 33 games.  A league should be completely even. 

If we are going to continue with a split we should switch to 14 clubs with 6/8 split not totally ideal but a solution to this farcical set up.

- so why would they make any exceptions for Rangers.

Everyone knows they will never give a 3/1 split of OF derbies but I'd be disappointed if they fiddled with the usual system to ensure it in advance.

:eek:

Stand by to be disappointed.

They shouldn't be - the 'seeding' is based on whether or not you finished 'Top 6' the previous season (i.e. if the same clubs finished top 6 the following season there would be a perfect balance)... with the promoted club standing in for the relegated one. Always has been?

That can't be the case this year.

Last year's top six was (with this season's pre-split games in brackets):

Celtic (16/17)

Aberdeen (16/17)

Inverness (16/17)

Saints (17/16)

United (17/16)

Dundee (16/17)

Boredom Guy in a 'making a cünt of it shocker'.

You're OBSESSED by us.

Archived