Queen of the South Management Team

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I's be extremely shocked if it was McCall, especially if Ayr go up. They are a similar sized club to us so it would be a bit of a side step for him to move to us. If they fail to go up today I wouldn't be just as surprised if McCall then jumped ship.

They are a similar sized club to us so it would be a bit of a side step for him to move to us.

They may be but for the past 14 years or so they have always been below us in the pecking order. Are they still part time?

Anyway I would be worried if Brian Reid got the job, his Ayr sides were brutal in the 1st Division. I think he is a decent League 1 manager but that is about it.

They may be but for the past 14 years or so they have always been below us in the pecking order. Are they still part time?

Anyway I would be worried if Brian Reid got the job, his Ayr sides were brutal in the 1st Division. I think he is a decent League 1 manager but that is about it.

I thought Ayr were FT, but I certainly wouldn't put money on that! :lol:

I know we've been above them for the last decade but I see us as similar sized clubs. I'd be shocked to see a manager leave Ayr for QoS and vice versa.

I know we've been above them for the last decade but I see us as similar sized clubs. I'd be shocked to see a manager leave Ayr for QoS and vice versa.

Ayr are still part time, yes. Not sure they would even go full time if promoted.

I am not so sure about that. I think most Ayr managers' would have taken the Queens job during that time but not many Queens ones would have taken the Ayr one.

A bigger budget and for most of that period a settled full time squad in a division above them. Don't get me wrong, prior to that the reverse would probably be true.

Reid got Stranraer to the play off final.

They only lost on pens.

Reid probably had about half the budget McCall had at Ayr.

Dunfermline would have a massive budget compared to Stranraer.

Surely Reid has done a good job at Stranraer.

Fowler as always talks a good game just a pity he can,T manage players.

Maybe he should be the BBC Alba football expert every week

Reid got Stranraer to the play off final. They only lost on pens. Reid probably had about half the budget McCall had at Ayr. Dunfermline would have a massive budget compared to Stranraer. Surely Reid has done a good job at Stranraer. Fowler as always talks a good game just a pity he can,T manage players. Maybe he should be the BBC Alba football expert every week

As far as i am aware Reid was relegated twice from the 1st Division with Ayr and should not even be in the discussion, let alone a serious contender for the job. Unless of course, we want to yo-yo- between the Championship and League One.  

Reid got Stranraer to the play off final.They only lost on pens.Reid probably had about half the budget McCall had at Ayr.Dunfermline would have a massive budget compared to Stranraer.Surely Reid has done a good job at Stranraer.Fowler as always talks a good game just a pity he can,T manage players.Maybe he should be the BBC Alba football expert every week

Fowler was talking today on Alba very similar to his weekly podcasts on Alive Radio.

Archived