Queen of the South Management Team

Dear God. I don't normally have the fear until a Sunday.

As has been said the bookies are usually wide of the mark when it comes to these things. The time to worry is when you see a candidate you like with short odds. Then you'll know there's no chance of him getting the job!

At least that's what I'm telling myself because I can't think of a single name that's been on any list that has left me enthused.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather player/assistant. Would like to see a similar appointment to when we brought in McIntyre, but can't think of any that fit that profile.

I assume you mean the role Fowler had at first?

I Still want an outsider in the betting to get the job not to excited with the bookies favs, get someone in that might get the fans talking the club up rather than same old Queen's cheap option.

If it is Skelton I'll be pretty disappointed with both the appointment and the length of time it's taken.

If he'd been part of a successful management team and fowler moved on, fair enough. But ultimately they failed and I don't see how fowler gets sacked, for his assistant to get the gig.

Think it's Brian Reid also tbh. Just makes sense. Wouldn't be overly impressed with the appointment but would give him a chance, one of my favourite queens players, so I'll need to

If it is Skelton I'll be pretty disappointed with both the appointment and the length of time it's taken.

If he'd been part of a successful management team and fowler moved on, fair enough. But ultimately they failed and I don't see how fowler gets sacked, for his assistant to get the gig.

Think it's Brian Reid also tbh. Just makes sense. Wouldn't be overly impressed with the appointment but would give him a chance, one of my favourite queens players, so I'll need to

Totally agree with this. Wouldnt it be good if we thought outside the box for once though

Has Dobbie done his coaching badges? A manager at this level needs to at least hold a B Licence and be doing an A Licence course.

Do they have to have it straight away? I remember when we appointed Smith (circumstances obviously dictated that) but he wasn't fully qualified for the role at the time and was allowed time to do so.

Archived