Championship Team of the Season

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would seriously but John Baird ahead of Jason Cummings?

Well, John Baird scores more goals.  Of course I would :lol:

Would you seriously choose a striker who scores less goals and has created less assists?

Gasparotto is excellent but he's played less than 20 games and isn't as good as Hanlon, Toshney or Grant. The only Morton player who could be considered among the best players in the division is Mark Russell, but Lee Wallace is obviously the best left back in the division by a mile.

I get the argument about Tavernier's attacking exploits but he genuinely can't defend - it's not like Wallace who is a perfectly competent defender but is sometimes exposed tactically by how attacking his team is, Tavernier just can't do the basics of defending and is found out whenever teams actually get enough of the ball to target him. If they want to be in the top six next season they either need to use him as a winger or get rid.

That said, there isn't really a stand-out right back in the league, Jason Thomson and Keith Watson are good without being excellent, but I'd still go for Thomson over Tavernier.

Basing my picks on what I've seen and I think gasparotto has been one of the best defenders in the league this season. Sounds as if grant is a good player but I haven't seen him play at all hence not having him in my team.

Well, John Baird scores more goals. Of course I would :lol:

Would you seriously choose a striker who scores less goals and has created less assists?

He hasnt scored more goals over the course of the season though. In the league yes but in bigger games in cup comps as well as the league Cummings has scored more.

He hasnt scored more goals over the course of the season though. In the league yes but in bigger games in cup comps as well as the league Cummings has scored more.

He also hasn't rattled the ball of the bar from about 2 yards out either, to be fair.

This is Championship team of the season.  Try posting in "Bigger cup games" team of the season. 

Championship team of the season. Not 'bigger games in cup comps' team of the season

Ah I never realised it meant championship games only and not League Cup matches against the likes of Aberdeen and St Johnstone and Scottish Cup matches against the holders and the 3rd best side in the country.

Baird it is then, he's had a better season in the championship so far.

:wacko:  :wacko: :wacko:  

Take a break Bambino. You're all over the place.

Who has scored more goals over the course of the season so far? Cummings is on 23 in league and cup. If Baird has had a better season I assume he's scored more then?

Cummings is a valid shout and was unlucky to miss out on my team. Not sure why listing Baird as a sub in my daft wee list merited a :lol: but whatever floats your boat.

Think it was my team he was laughing at. But he's seen the error of his ways.

Cummings is obviously a more talented footballer and younger than Baird. If we had the chance to swap at the end of the season (hypothetically) j would take Cummings all day long. Bairds an older and more limited football player, however he's got more goals and assists than Cummings this season, hence why I slapped him in the team.

Regardless of how good Cummings is (and he is good, btw) and whatever criteria any Hibs fans try to use to shoehorn him in, he doesnt get close to Waghorn. 28 goals across all comps and hes been out since early february.

Regardless of how good Cummings is (and he is good, btw) and whatever criteria any Hibs fans try to use to shoehorn him in, he doesnt get close to Waghorn. 28 goals across all comps and hes been out since early february.

Which is why none of us have said he should be in ahead of Waghorn? I'd have him on the bench.

Baird has had a very good season as well, no doubt about it. Failkirk have a very good side this year as a whole to be fair, bitching and wind ups aside. The likes of Vaulks, Alston and Sibbald are good players. Even Mark Kerr has been good. Mark fucking Kerr!

Aye but nobody has said he's as good as waghorn. Not one person. 28 goals is fantastic for a striker. He is getting 40 odd chances a game mind you in that Rangers team. He's a good player but I'm not sure if he'll be as good in the top league.

Archived