2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

IMO there is nothing wrong with invading the pitch especially after a massive cup win. Provided that,

A The opposition fans don't wade onto the pitch as well looking for violence

B You don't attack the players or the coaching staff. There doesn't appear to be any evidence of Rangers players or coaches attacked, only rumours.

As long as the fans are happily celebrating with there players and having a great time there shouldn't be any cause for concern. Football is for the fans to celebrate their teams triumphs and I know how relieved and joyous Hibs fans will be after getting that particular monkey off their back.

P.S the fact that Rangers refused to collect their medals after the match citing safety issues is a sheer embarrassment and shows them to be the sore losers that they are.

That is all. Congratulations Hibees !! I look forward to visiting you lot next season.

So it's okay for fans to:

A. Break what I imagine is a  law? As long as other fans don't break the law after them, yeah? 

B. There's plenty of evidence. In literally the last couple of pages of this thread.

Did the Hearts fan that attacked Neil Lennon with what could at best be described as a baby-slap not get several years in jail? If so I'd imagine that the same would be applied here? 

P.S. - you have no idea whether it was a Rangers choice to elect not to collect their medals in the stadium, and as such are just talking shit from a biased point of view. Much like a lot of posts in this thread. Thankfully there are many reasoned fans also looking at things objectively. 

Congratulations Hibs indeed. I mean that. I've had a lot more highs than lows as a Rangers fan but after Hibs scored that winner it cut to a lady in the crowd and her hands were literally shaking from joy/nerves... a small part of me was happy for the (good) fans of Hibs after the usual hibsings they were dealt. The roasters that attacked members of playing and coaching staff deserve, as I mentioned previously, the full brunt of the law. 

It's not about getting hurt though. It's why clubs get punished harshly for pitch invasions, because there are always going to be some idiots out there.

Exactly, Foderingham done exceptionally well to restrain himself. Most likely in part to being in the middle of another how many other fans (only set on celebrating the win).

It could quite easily have gone another way.

Probably would have been his fault as well though.

That's where they were heading, luckily the hibs fans never managed it.

There was about 50 of them at your end with literally hubdredi of your cretinous fans bursting to get over the boards. Get it right fucking round you.

IMO

Invading the pitch = non issue

Goading opposition fans = non issue

Attacking people who are goading you = criminal

Attacking opposition players = criminal

Any Rangers fan who jumped the barrier and took a swing and a Hibs fan who gave them the middle finger is a twat. Any Hibs fan who attacked a Rangers player or official is a twat.

There was about 50 of them at your end with literally hubdredi of your cretinous fans bursting to get over the boards. Get it right fucking round you.

Fifty :lol: and the rest

Fifty hibs fans indeed.

Kenny Miller looking well for being attacked as he strolls of the pitch.

Same with Wallace, who Sportscene just showed walking off the pitch before the fans are near him. Most Rangers fans can't even agree what three players were apparently assaulted, and even when they flail about for evidence its just goading and pushing likes happened at every single Play-Off victory down South this month

Enjoyed walking up Easter Road this evening - fantastic atmosphere. Really pleased for the Hibs fans, they've waited a long time for this, and Sunshine On Leith really is an excellent song for large groups of emotionally overwhelmed people to belt out in something approaching unison. Good on them.

Hope to see my own team lift the Cup one day...