2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

So it's okay for fans to:

A. Break what I imagine is a law? As long as other fans don't break the law after them, yeah?

B. There's plenty of evidence. In literally the last couple of pages of this thread.

Did the Hearts fan that attacked Neil Lennon with what could at best be described as a baby-slap not get several years in jail? If so I'd imagine that the same would be applied here?

P.S. - you have no idea whether it was a Rangers choice to elect not to collect their medals in the stadium, and as such are just talking shit from a biased point of view. Much like a lot of posts in this thread. Thankfully there are many reasoned fans also looking at things objectively.

Congratulations Hibs indeed. I mean that. I've had a lot more highs than lows as a Rangers fan but after Hibs scored that winner it cut to a lady in the crowd and her hands were literally shaking from joy/nerves... a small part of me was happy for the (good) fans of Hibs after the usual hibsings they were dealt. The roasters that attacked members of playing and coaching staff deserve, as I mentioned previously, the full brunt of the law.

The majority of the Hibs fans invaded that pitch to celebrate much like I did with the rest of the Ayr fans when we beat Stranraer on penalties last week. Unfortunately there are a few fans who ran on there (much like at Somerset last week) to pick a fight. No need for that, why could they not be content celebrating a massive achievement. The flip side is those Rangers fans ran on looking for a fight and would have done so regardless of whether or not Hibs fans approached the Rangers end.

I have yet to see a video of Rangers players being attacked. Not denying it happened just not seen it. I had heard that Lee Wallace took a few punches as well as Davie Weir. Not needed.

Firstly, congrats to Hibs for winning the cup. We have given each other grief over these last few weeks, we won that battle, but I'm glad Hibs seen off Rangers in today's final.

As for the after match events, what will be the outcome ? Well if they hadn't allowed Sevco to come back as a tribute act it would never have happened. Hibs fans were taunted and abused with sectarian bile from the outset. The combination of the euphoria of winning and getting one over Rangers caused the events.

Penalies for all of this

Hibs : Forfeit prize money from this years tournament and not allowed to represent Scotland in Europe for two seasons

Rangers : Ditto

Today might be the day folk will realise they shouldn't have let them back in.

The majority of the Hibs fans invaded that pitch to celebrate much like I did with the rest of the Ayr fans when we beat Stranraer on penalties last week. Unfortunately there are a few fans who ran on there (much like at Somerset last week) to pick a fight. No need for that, why could they not be content celebrating a massive achievement. The flip side is those Rangers fans ran on looking for a fight and would have done so regardless of whether or not Hibs fans approached the Rangers end.

I have yet to see a video of Rangers players being attacked. Not denying it happened just not seen it. I had heard that Lee Wallace took a few punches as well as Davie Weir. Not needed.

First of all it was not just a few hibs fans.

If Hibs fans don't try to attack Rangers fans, then no bears would've been on the pitch.

If hibs don't attack Rangers players and staff and stick to celebrating then ......

For the last five years its been acceptable to attack Rangers in any way or form in Scottish society.

AND NOW THAT I DONT ANT FUR ANYWHING. AD HAVE AL JOLSSON SING IM SITTING ON TOP OF THE WORLD

There a video on Facebook of a Rangers official swearing and pushing a Hibs fan :lol:
Well, you sobered up quick.

If Hibs fans don't try to attack Rangers fans, then no bears would've been on the pitch.

If hibs don't attack Rangers players and staff and stick to celebrating then ......

For the last five years its been acceptable to attack Rangers in any way or form in Scottish society.

You're at it.

Was about 1/2000 Hibs fans trying to get into the Rangers end IMO.

Reasonable post man, I understand your point of view.

You really can't say for sure that Rangers fans would've ran on looking for trouble regardless, though. In all honestly, speaking from a percentage point of view in regards to likelihood, it's very low.

Always the victim eh? 

I'm not going to try and defend the actions of those who attacked the Rangers' players, fans and staff. But to say that no "Bears" would've ran onto the pitch if it didn't happen is bullshit and you know it, I would wager there were plenty of Rangers fans who ran on the pitch who didn't even realise the players and staff had been confronted/assaulted. 

Edited by Dave1875

"No one likes us, we don't care!"

Except when they celebrate winning a trophy in front of us, then we'll attack them and claim they provoked us.

Always the victim eh? 

I'm not going to try and defend the actions of those who attacked the Rangers' players, fans and staff. But to say that no "Bears" would've ran onto the pitch if it didn't happen is and you know it, I would wager there were plenty of Rangers fans who ran on the pitch who didn't even realise the players and staff had been confronted/assaulted.

"

But to say that no "Bears" would've ran onto the pitch if it didn't happen is bullshit"

I really doubt that it would've happened, there would've been no reason for it.