Rangers players being snubbed

kenny131

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folk going overboard because of one result. This is the same Rangers team that took 180 minutes to see off quite possibly the worst killie team of the past 30 years.

It's very simple, none at the present time are good enough to start every time for Scotland. The only player you can really say has a chance is Lee Wallace. Id rather we went with youth in Robertson and Tierney as they'll be our future. Even a better player in Shinnie can't get in the squad.

The bulk of the Scottish national team play at English Championship or lower EPL level. The eligible players at Rangers would be massively out of their depth in these leagues (indeed some have already played there and proven exactly this). Their best hope is in Gordon Strachan's incompetence in picking his best players, otherwise any Rangers players with any international potential will prove it best by stepping up to a higher level.

Barrie Mackay has clearly got bags of talent and the potential to break into the Scotland squad if he continues to improve.

However, his absolute shitebaggery performances for Morton a couple of seasons ago still lingers in the memory for me. It will be interesting to see how he fares playing in a team that aren't going to be dominating as many matches as they did this season, and will likely be up against it a lot more. I am being cynical but I am not totally convinved he has the attitude needed to be any more than average at the top level.

Lee Wallace would be a capable left back for Scotland and I would happily have him in the squad in case of injuries but he is quite rightly fourth choice.

None of the rest are remotely good enough IMO.

I have been skeptical of him in the past, but watching McKay take control of the game on Sunday has won me over on him.  I think he'll go on to feature for Scotland fairly soon.

As for the rest of the Rangers players, I doubt it.  Wallace is a good player, but is fourth choice at best in his position.  Wilson is unconvincing, but might end up getting more chances purely because of our lack of depth in his position.  Halliday is a bit limited.  Holt is a good footballer but struggles to impose himself on big games.  Miller is obviously retired from international football.  Nicky Clark is shit.

That's damning with faint praise. I'd have almost anyone in the squad over Forrest.

Well yes ha. McKay has the potential, no doubt. I think the likes of Phillips are still ahead of him but he'll be in with a shout soon if he plays like that week in week out in the near future.

I'm happy to help with this enquiry - it's because Rangers supporters are the most numerous at Scotland games.

Back in the day, probably.  Not now.  Lots of them will be slabbering over England and trotting about in their tops this summer.

Folk going overboard because of one result. This is the same Rangers team that took 180 minutes to see off quite possibly the worst killie team of the past 30 years. 

By the same token they took penalties to beat a Celtic team who are not only very poor, but also who played very very badly.  Rangers on the other hand performed brilliantly and only just squeezed through which shows you where their players are at in terms of their ability.

I'm happy to help with this enquiry - it's because Rangers supporters are the most numerous at Scotland games.

Where back in the day,but since the late nineties,they're a rarity at Scotland games,I would say Norn Ireland is where there heart truly lies and a some pander to engerlund.Scotland like Wales isn't British enough for them!!! As for playing their players,they should be tested for loyalty to the dark blue jersey,if they don't come up to scratch don't play them,rangers players when selected consistently bombed themselves out of scotland squads when it didn't suit themselves or rangers!!

Archived