Queens vs Livingston

I take it Queens fans couldn't care about this game. Can only see the play-offs for us and can't be bothered travelling half way down to England for a football match for a third time this season so I hope it's a win for the Amber Machine to cheer me up a bit on the way home.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess theres a bit more interest from our side now Fowler has gone. Will Skelton make many changes? Will he put himself forward as a serious candidate for the job?

A few people have suggested Fowler had problems with certain players, and "favourites".  Not impossible I suppose bearing in mind the Baird/Kerr situation, but I'm sceptical.  I suppose it will be interesting from that point of view to see if there is a noticeable difference.  I can't imagine we'll see as obvious an improvement as when Johnston took over Macpherson's mess on the last day, when the players really did appear to have lost their shackles.

If Mark Millar puts in a Xavi-esque performance, Lewis Kidd scores a hat-trick from right-back and Gary Oliver puts in a performance resembling a professional footballer perhaps the speculation will have been accurate.

Guest Flash

New manager bounce for Queens.

Very much doubt this. First of all, Skelton was part of the management team before. And he isn't the new manager on a permanent basis. At least, not yet anyway.

Secondly, you are only likely to get a reaction from players who are staying. I suspect that any who had any sort of "grudge" with Fowler will already be fixed up elsewhere, so they won't be playing with a point to prove. Assuming that Skelton disagreed with Fowler about them and would have played them.

And it wasn't like Fowler was universally loathed by the fans. Some people had misgivings about him. Some thought he deserved another season.

Just can't see Skelton being appointed as caretaker as giving players or fans any sort of a lift. Think this will pan out much the same as it would have done had Fowler still been in charge. Although it might be a bit flat if most of the players liked Fowler and wanted him to stay.

Queens, we're all counting on you. Do it for all the points we've gifted you over the years, and the role we played in getting rid of Fowler for you.

Plus we basically turned Iain Russell into the player he is.

Should be going into this with nothing to lose and just go for it, we either win this game and put a bit of pressure on Dumbarton (if they lose to St Mirren) or lose and are def in the play offs.

No point playing not to lose with one up front and White in midfield, get White and Buchanan up front and players down the wings putting balls across to them. Big White usually causes queens problems, and he's on form scoring wise so should get a goal or two.

I don't expect wholesale changes for this game either in personnel or tactics. Several players are still playing for new deals so hopefully that will motivate them.  We still have to avoid any slight chance of Dumbarton catching us.

I really don't understand the point of Jim Thomson coming in to help Skelton for the last two games, surely Skelton and team captain Higgins could handle it. Nothing against JT but his other duties must restrict his ability to do the job and his last shot as assistant last season didn't exactly end well.

Should be going into this with nothing to lose and just go for it, we either win this game and put a bit of pressure on Dumbarton (if they lose to St Mirren) or lose and are def in the play offs.

No point playing not to lose with one up front and White in midfield, get White and Buchanan up front and players down the wings putting balls across to them. Big White usually causes queens problems, and he's on form scoring wise so should get a goal or two.

Spot on hope he does this, no point playing one up front with White on the wing when we must win the game.

That's how we should be playing, but we should have been doing that for ages and I have a feeling this game will be no different than the others. 4-5-1, throw away a 1-0 lead (Cole to give away a goal/penalty), Telfer to come off despite being one of the best players on the park to be replaced by Matthew Knox, while keeping Mullen and Kakay on the bench while we need a goal.

If I could be that specific at the bookies, I would.

Game day the Queens team was picked yesterday and the players told so wonder if there will be many changes to the starting 11?

If I was acting manager the 11 would be

Atkinson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Marshall

Murdoch Millar Hutton Harris

Hilson Lyle

Subs Oliver Russell Tapping Smith Jacobs Brownlie gk Thomson

A team that hasn't probably started before, but players that have played most of the season and let the old Gaffer down.

Let's see how they perform today

Game day the Queens team was picked yesterday and the players told so wonder if there will be many changes to the starting 11?

If I was acting manager the 11 would be

Atkinson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Marshall

Murdoch Millar Hutton Harris

Hilson Lyle

Subs Oliver Russell Tapping Smith Jacobs Brownlie gk Thomson

A team that hasn't probably started before, but players that have played most of the season and let the old Gaffer down.

Let's see how they perform today

Russell in for Harris and tapping for Millar I'd imagine

Archived