Queens vs Livingston

I think the ref got the call for the foul the wrong way round, but Kidd got himself sent off. He was definitely booked for booting the ball away, there can be no complaints. His reaction was stupid and over the top, really don't see how anyone can defend him.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he got a straight red then it would likely have been foul/abusive/insulting language. I would guess zero chance of a successful appeal.

You're probably right. I doubt the blazers will take into consideration the fact he had every right to be using abusive and insulting language after being on the wrong end of a shocking decision.

Such a bizarre incident when the game was already settled and looking like quietly meandering its way to completion. I thought the referee had been having a good game up until that point as well. Although the penalty may have been a bit soft, I'd need to see it again.

Hard to make any real judgments on Skelton, or the players post-Fowler today because Livi were simply atrocious. I've no doubts that any team our former manager might have played would have won in similar fashion.

You're probably right. I doubt the blazers will take into consideration the fact he had every right to be using abusive and insulting language after being on the wrong end of a shocking decision.

Such a bizarre incident when the game was already settled and looking like quietly meandering its way to completion. I thought the referee had been having a good game up until that point as well. Although the penalty may have been a bit soft, I'd need to see it again.

Hard to make any real judgments on Skelton, or the players post-Fowler today because Livi were simply atrocious. I've no doubts that any team our former manager might have played would have won in similar fashion.

A player never has a right to use abusive language. If he has he was correctly sent packing, regardless of the correctness or otherwise of the previous decision. Players need to learn to respect the referee and get on with it, the shouting and screaming is never going to change the decision.

One of our best performances of season. Skelton picked a good team with players in their proper positions. We passed the ball particularly well - Mark Millar is our best midfeild player by a mile and quite how Jake Pickard could start 6/7 games ahead of him is beyond me. It is Millar plus either Hutton or Tapping in central midfield. A lot of good performances especially Hilson, Lyle, Millar, Tapping andthe back four were much more secure with Higgy and Dowie in central defence.

That performance proves that we have plenty of quality and the players looked to me as if they were really playing for Gavin Skelton bu it was only one game. It will be intresting to see how we play at Easter Road.

One of our best performances of season. Skelton picked a good team with players in their proper positions. We passed the ball particularly well - Mark Millar is our best midfeild player by a mile and quite how Jake Pickard could start 6/7 games ahead of him is beyond me. It is Millar plus either Hutton or Tapping in central midfield. A lot of good performances especially Hilson, Lyle, Millar, Tapping andthe back four were much more secure with Higgy and Dowie in central defence.

That performance proves that we have plenty of quality and the players looked to me as if they were really playing for Gavin Skelton bu it was only one game. It will be intresting to see how we play at Easter Road.

Don't know what game you were watching but Lyle and Hilson were gutter especially in the 1st half, Hilson only improving when Oliver partnered him when Lyle went off. 

Hopkin really hasn't a clue, so far out of his depth it's unreal, I've resigned myself to relegation.

Team downing tools in the 2nd half is just completely unacceptable and has done it for me.

One team showed fight and determination and that was the team that had nothing to play for.

Hopkin really hasn't a clue, so far out of his depth it's unreal, I've resigned myself to relegation.

Team downing tools in the 2nd half is just completely unacceptable and has done it for me.

One team showed fight and determination and that was the team that had nothing to play for.

Hopkin fairly put on weight. To many livi pies

We are truly awful no organisation today what so ever, all down to the coaching staff to me. Not a clue what they're doing. Brought Telfer off for Sheeryn(no idea why). He doesn't seem to cut it at this level, maybe I'd give him a chance in League 1. Then at the end of the game the Genius' at the sidelines were sitting with their backs to the game. Also Beanie still diving :lol:

Any truth in the Skelton and Townsley rumour doing the rounds at Palmerston this afternoon ?

Hope not but probably true the cheap option, strange not renewing manager then installing his assistant for the next season tho. So we will have the last 2 Workington reds managers running our team!

Dont think it'll seem a good move in most fans eyes.

Hope not but problem true cheap option, strange not renewing manager then installing his assistant for the next season tho.

Dont think it'll seem a good move in most fans eyes.

That's what we've done, it's worked a treat.

Good win. Not quite a great come-back, as I couldn't believe we were a goal down at ht, given the procession of chances that had been created.

However, second half put things right.

Dodgy ref gave a pen to us, what for? Surely not for Beanie's jacknife fall. Somebody near me suggested there was a defender's handball (??)

Great whipped cross by Miller for Del's header. Thought the Livi defending was very poor for the third. Standing spectating when the ball came off the bar.

How that guy gave a foul against Kidd when he was being impeded for 20 yards, first by one opponent, then two and when he finally ended up on the ground, I thought free kick or another pen. No wonder the player was annoyed. Mouthing at the ref's never wise, no matter how bad the decision.

For me it didn't quite beat the Stevie Tosh sending off years ago for speed though. He fouled a guy in front of the Main Stand, got a yellow, swore at the ref, got another and was off down the tunnel in about 10 secs.

If Lewis did get a straight red for abusive language, then It shouldn't be appealed imo.

Don't know what game you were watching but Lyle and Hilson were gutter especially in the 1st half, Hilson only improving when Oliver partnered him when Lyle went off.

Lyle is there to score goals - yet again he has come up with two - does that not represent a decent days work for a striker? I cant think of a much more insulting description of a player's performance than gutter but you certainly must have been watching a different game if you genuinely think that Hilson was not contributing positively. He did have a few miskicks early on but he was getting in behind all day and his workrate was exceptional. Give me a gutter performance like that any day and we will win far more than we will lose.

Good win. Not quite a great come-back, as I couldn't believe we were a goal down at ht, given the procession of chances that had been created.

However, second half put things right.

Dodgy ref gave a pen to us, what for? Surely not for Beanie's jacknife fall. Somebody near me suggested there was a defender's handball (??)

I'm keen to see it again. I know that with Russell there's always the chance of theatrics, but it certainly looked like a penalty to me. He seemed set for the header until pushed in the back.

Archived