Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

It's also got a few minutes of the celebrations at the end and there's an interview with Hartley which features the fans who stayed behind to continue the Beautiful Monday singing

I doubt if Beautiful Sunday will be played the next time we're at Tannadice. Have we spoiled that song for them?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt if Beautiful Sunday will be played the next time we're at Tannadice. Have we spoiled that song for them?

Out of bored curiosity do Dundee have a random song the fans always sing.

As in something that doesn't mention/have anything to do with United.

To be fair to DAB's here, I'd much prefer to be winning the league at Tannadice than what we witnessed on Monday. Can you imagine what this forum would have been like had the interweb been around in 1983 !

Personally I wish you well and hope you come back (via the playoffs relegating Sevco). Obviously I hope you remain the lowly team in Dundee for the rest of my life, after that fill your boots.

Actually cancel that, I hope you remain the 'fun' team in Dundee forever.

Anyway, back to Real v Man C. I recon Greg Stewart could do a job for either of these two teams .

That's a ridiculous post.

Far too sensible.

Not enough GDSDD

Thank you.

That's a ridiculous post.

Far too sensible.

Not enough GDSDD

Thank you.

OK GET DOON, STAY DOON AND DIE !

Nah, doesn't really work for me. Love the banter, love the pelters but I DO NOT WANT TO BE THE EAST COAST EQUIVALENT OF THE TWIN CHEEKS.

Like most Dundee teams supporters, I have mates of the other side and we enjoy the banter. BUT, it's just that (isn't it?) if it isn't then we get to the stage where we get locked up after games. Just stupid IMHO.

This brings me to a point I've made before and is probably worth now, after this week worth taking on board.

On the first visit to either ground in a season we should acknowledge supporters of each team with a minutes silence / applause.

It should be enough to define our difference from all the other rivalries out there in the most positive manner. After that, obviously GIRFUY 😄

Nah, doesn't really work for me. Love the banter, love the pelters but I DO NOT WANT TO BE THE EAST COAST EQUIVALENT OF THE TWIN CHEEKS.

Like most Dundee teams supporters, I have mates of the other side and we enjoy the banter. BUT, it's just that (isn't it?) if it isn't then we get to the stage where we get locked up after games. Just stupid IMHO.

This brings me to a point I've made before and is probably worth now, after this week worth taking on board.

On the first visit to either ground in a season we should acknowledge supporters of each team with a minutes silence / applause.

It should be enough to define our difference from all the other rivalries out there in the most positive manner. After that, obviously GIRFUY 😄

United Dundee Football Clubs © ;)

Sir Peh McBridie, on 04 May 2016 - 22:27, said:

Out of bored curiosity do Dundee have a random song the fans always sing.

As in something that doesn't mention/have anything to do with United.

Our song, although it's not really singing, is the scarf twirling rendition of Hey Jude, which Hearts fans were desperate to steal for a period.

I think Dundee United were summed up in this game when Julen was down injured so Bain put the ball out. United then don't give the ball back. Absolute cheating scum. On a par with stealing players from Queens Park without giving them a fee as a goodwill gesture, IMO.

It should be enough to define our difference from all the other rivalries out there in the most positive manner. After that, obviously GIRFUY

Better. Needs a wee bit of polish, but better.

The applause/silence bit absolutely sickens me.

No thank you

Archived