Jim McIntyre - Manager of the Year?

Not in the slightest true, he's probably got fifth biggest budget in top flight, certainly miles bigger than Motherwell and Killie - still deserves to win though - massive step for County to win a trophy

Enlighten me, I've no idea of our playing budget never mind anybody else's.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a sign of how Aberdeen have fizzled out that Mcinnes is nowhere near this - I would have thought he would have got a mention a few months back but not now.

Main issue with this award is that it's doled out before the season ends. If Stubbs gets Hibs up, wins the Cup (no laughing at the back) and got them to a league cup final - that would surely be worthy of a nomination at least. If Houston ends up 3rd but no play-off success, his case would be less compelling, etc, etc.

There's a shortage of really strong candidates in the top flight

The teams that did well were the teams that should have done well and nobody massively outperformed expectations.

I reckon Mark McGhee's role in turning Motherwell's season around make him the top candidate

So the PFA Scotland Manager of the Year awards shortlist has been released.

The only representative from the top flight is Ross County's Jim McIntyre, with Jim McInally, Peter Houston and Mark Warburton also making the shortlist.

With Jim being the only premiership manager on the list, what do folk think? And will he top the others to win the award?

Anyone on the list who doesn't belong? And likewise, anyone who didn't make the cut who should be on there?

Surprised Allan Johnston didn't made it on the list

Wow what a surprise !! I just had to turn off his interview on Sky Sports, the way they gush over him is ridiculous. "The work you have done has sent waves through Scottish football" enough to make ye spew !

Archived