Those were the days............

Dindeleux

As with the previous post I remember my mate got a racing game called "Pod" with his PC which was quite good.

...no doubt included to show off the extra performance of his new MMX processor, the jammy bast   :P

I remember seeing Quake running on a 3D accelerator card for the first time and drooling like a moron. It'd looked like this when I'd been playing it (probably played just as cackhandedly too):

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars.

What a fucking glorious game. Point and click adventure with some brilliant, hilarious dialogue and interesting twists. Played through this easily 30 times, and that intro music gets me every single time. The nostalgia is strong in this one. The voice acting counts for half of the game's charm, so don't touch any of the Nintendo versions because they made a director's cut and dropped the voices. Tragic and sacrilege IMO.

What a fucking glorious game. Point and click adventure with some brilliant, hilarious dialogue and interesting twists. Played through this easily 30 times, and that intro music gets me every single time. The nostalgia is strong in this one. The voice acting counts for half of the game's charm, so don't touch any of the Nintendo versions because they made a director's cut and dropped the voices. Tragic and sacrilege IMO.

Damn what a game that was, utterly immersing,

I remember a fairly little known game on the dreamcast called Shenmue... It was fucking awesome. Absolutely loved it. Anyone ever get involved in that?

Its one of the best known and critically acclaimed DC titles!

An absolute classic of a game, with a pretty decent sequel.

The creator of the original is currently working on a crowd funding third

In fairness I based my littlr known statement on the fact that im the only person I know that played it...

But then I was the only person I knew with a dreamcast.

Ready2Rumble... Amazing

OK  :lol:

Read2Rumble was great. There were a number of really good games on the DC, it was a console that deserved a lot more success than it got.

Shenmue was hugely disappointing when i played it on the original xbox.

Was more of a 'life simulator' than a game, like GTA with all the fun removed.

GET.OUT.

Someone mentioned road rash earlier, that was the fucking bomb. So much fun.

Road Rash was absolutely brilliant. I remember playing it on my MegaDrive at my gran's while my mum and dad were trying to comb nits out my hair as a kid :lol:

There was a PC game that was either Road Rash or a very similar port, which was installed on an older computer in one of the Chemistry labs at my secondary school. The computer was so old it wasn't connected to the school network, which was all XP by then. I think it was running Windows 95 and we used to play the game at the end of every term. Made up for having a chemistry teacher that didn't teach us any chemistry as he was always on the Aberdeen FC website.

Was the the 3rd, where you had to diffuse a bomb with some mental tubing puzzle? Perhaps being younger i didn't appreciate it as much as 1 &2. Horse shit, George!

Was the the 3rd, where you had to diffuse a bomb with some mental tubing puzzle? Perhaps being younger i didn't appreciate it as much as 1 &2. Horse shit, George!

That quote :D "And then it goes 'fa fa fa faaaa fa fa fa fa faaaa fa'"

Mate I only played about half of The Sleeping Dragon, got to the bit where you find Nico in the theatre and ended up giving it up because I couldn't handle the switch to running around with an analog stick. I'll catch up one day, but I feel the magic of the first two will never be recaptured this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Descent 2 on pc was fucking ace

Original gta entertained me for hours

Same with the original grand turismo.

Paperboy for the snes was a classic

Champ manager 98/99 was my all time favourite, could still sign Vinnie Jones.

Civilisation 2 was a blast when younger

Remember playing Gabriel Knight the beast within.

Really weird, there's a real guy on screen and you clicked the screen and if you hit an interesting bit then the guy would appear opening a cupboard or looking at a notice board or something.

Also completely shat myself playing it coz i was about 6/7 and it had eerie music and was about werewolves and stuff ha 

Remember the days when new games werent remasters of old games? Those were the days

:lol:

Very true, though playing The Last of Us on PS4 was a joy and I wouldn't say no to a Red Dead remastered. Though I'd much rather see a Red Dead 2.

:lol:

Very true, though playing The Last of Us on PS4 was a joy and I wouldn't say no to a Red Dead remastered. Though I'd much rather see a Red Dead 2.

I'd take that too, so long as it got a PC release. One of the few console-exclusive games that I wouldn't have minded having a bash at.

Never mind; no doubt those clever emulator coders will have made it playable in five years or so.

I'd take that too, so long as it got a PC release. One of the few console-exclusive games that I wouldn't have minded having a bash at.

Never mind; no doubt those clever emulator coders will have made it playable in five years or so.

There are already couple of PS3 emulators. Might give TLOU a bash on one over the weekend

ETA - which may or may not be real  :ph34r:

Edited by Mr X