Those were the days............

Dindeleux

:lol:

Very true, though playing The Last of Us on PS4 was a joy and I wouldn't say no to a Red Dead remastered. Though I'd much rather see a Red Dead 2.

True, and I'm not saying I'm opposed to all Remasters, the ones that are actually done well are welcome, TLOU, Halo Anniversary, Final Fantasy IX, X. I just get annoyed at all these Remasters were it's obvious they haven't done anything at all. I remember seeing the remaster of Resident Evil 4 and code Veronica on Xbox and it looked no different at all and they didn't add anything new. Okay they upped the resolution so they could call them "HD" but that's it.

With The Last of Us, it was a chance for many people to finally play the best Ps3 game, I suppose it's the same for the Uncharted ones too. But the majority of them put no work into them and it's just a excuse to milk a little cash out of customers

There are already couple of PS3 emulators. Might give TLOU a bash on one over the weekend

ETA - which may or may not be real  :ph34r:

Gads. Last I heard, there were only a couple of proof-of-concept projects up for the Xbox360/PS3. Shows how long it's been since I looked!

Might give that a go with some of the games I've got kicking about. Need to get my Catweasel working with WinUAE again first, though   :angry:

True, and I'm not saying I'm opposed to all Remasters, the ones that are actually done well are welcome, TLOU, Halo Anniversary, Final Fantasy IX, X. I just get annoyed at all these Remasters were it's obvious they haven't done anything at all. I remember seeing the remaster of Resident Evil 4 and code Veronica on Xbox and it looked no different at all and they didn't add anything new. Okay they upped the resolution so they could call them "HD" but that's it.

With The Last of Us, it was a chance for many people to finally play the best Ps3 game, I suppose it's the same for the Uncharted ones too. But the majority of them put no work into them and it's just a excuse to milk a little cash out of customers

Final Fantasy IX was remastered?

Gads. Last I heard, there were only a couple of proof-of-concept projects up for the Xbox360/PS3. Shows how long it's been since I looked!

Might give that a go with some of the games I've got kicking about. Need to get my Catweasel working with WinUAE again first, though   :angry:

Turns out the only one thats actually genuine is an open source project which is a long way of playing commercial games.

Reading through the setup steps gave me a headache too!

Silent Hill 2 and 3's Remasters were the worst I've seen. They looked a hell of a lot worse than the original games.

Aye, I remember Silent Hill 2's remaster replacing Maria's voice actor with what appeared to be Bea Arthur.

Cant remember which ones it was but my Champ Man heyday was about the time where one of them, you HAD to sign Arjen Robben straight away. And another was when you were guaranteed success with the early capture of Pablo Aimar and Javier Saviola.

I also remember Oli and Alfonso up front for Real Betis were unstoppable and you never seemed to be able to prise them away.... Or if you could they were shite.

What champ or football manager had the diablo formation that was unbeatable

Wasn't that 2006 or there abouts? On 01/02 I'd always play 4-1-3-2 3 flat midfielders forward running into attacking mid.

not sure, i mind playing it and trying it out, you lost the odd game but over the course of the season it was virtually unbeatable and turned ordinary players into world superstars (im sure i got a 50million quid offer for stephen hughes)

tactics like that were good for a laugh, but eventually you think "whats the point" like the one version that you were able to set your main striker to man mark the opposing goalie, cue about 5 goals a game, utter shiteness, next version/patch you tried that he was flagged offside every time :lol:

Been watching Summer games done quick on youtube and they manage to absolutely rip old games apart in a fraction of the time that i ever did.

Hours and hours i spent on Mario 64, Zelda ocarina of time and the likes and they manage to glitch through it in 10 odd minutes.

I mind getting a PS1. It was glorious. Had a big yellow memory card from Electronics Boutique that you had 2 ‘sides’ (you had to press select to swap over ‘sides’). The agony when you ran out of space on memory cards and had to select what to delete was like a crisis. Life changing decisions had to be made.

I once swapped the frankly dreadful game Revolt for Gran Turismo with a lad at school who was nicknamed ‘Retard Ronnie’. Gran Turismo was of course a fantastic game with an immense soundtrack.

Loved the multi tap to enable 3 or 4 player games. Me and some friends used to play Smackdown 2 loads. Shite single player though if you play career mode. I used to make my own PPVs. Still my favourite wrestling game.

Another game we played a lot was Crash Team Racing, a Mario Kart rip off but a very, very good one. Love that game. Absolutely superb. And I was ace at it. Still am I imagine. Crash was the best character to go obviously.

We also played Wu-Tang: Taste The Pain, a beat em up featuring the Wu Tang Clan and their music. It was awesome. But exceptionally difficult.

Quake 2 was our FPS of choice. Great single player but the multiplayer was exceptional. So much fun, so fast, loads of secrets (there’s a level where you jump in to some toxic sludge to get the rail gun, although you lose health as you do), great power ups and great weapons. It’s so good that I would compare it to Halo multiplayer.

We also played Command and Conquer: Red Alert using a link cable so we could play against each other. As there were usually 3 of us one had to sit out each game so usually ended up going to each room and telling the two playing where the enemy was and what they were up to. Getting a nuke on your carefully gathered forces was heartbreaking.

Tony Hawk’s 2 has to be one of my favourite games ever. Still never managed to get all the achievements, although I did unlock all the levels. Best soundtrack to a game ever. I could (and did) play this for hours. And hours.

Spent hours on Metal Gear Solid. So much fun. Such a good game. So many class moments like having to spot who the bird was by looking who’s arse was moving around, having to unplug the controller when fighting that Mantis dude, the reveal that Miller was Liquid, the classic cries when Snake died (Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!!!!) etc.

FIFA 98: RTWC is still my favourite FIFA game, mainly due to the indoor 5 a side mode. Was it L1 or R1 that was the hack button? The horror when you accidentally pressed it when the opposition keeper had the ball was awful, as you knew a red card was coming. I remember that you could dive (L1, R1 and R2 at the same time) but you almost always got booked for it. I used to thrash my former flatmate at indoor mode, despite what he’ll claim when he reads this, the big fanny. Another time me and a different friend decided to play a 90 minute game. We gave up at half time with the score something like 54-49.

Hogs of War was another favourite. Absolutely brilliant Worms rip off, but probably better than any Worms game ever released. The later levels in campaign mode were absolutely solid. I think it took me about 5 go’s to complete the final level.

Resident Evil 2 is still the best Resident Evil game I’ve played. So, so good. The first was awesome as well, but the second is far better. Loved getting the upgrades for the guns and shooting some face.

Before my one of my Standard Grade exams me and a friend played Time Crisis (we had the guns) to prepare, i.e. weren’t studying and played games instead. Great fun.

Used to rock GTA2 on the PS1. Some of the missions, especially when you had to break out of prison, were incredibly difficult (mainly because the shooting, and avoiding being shot, were mental).

Notable shouts to Die Hard Trilogy (although only the one where you ran around and shot folk whilst having to find a diffuse a bomb on each level was any good), Dino Crisis, Destruction Derby, ISS Pro Evolution, Adidas Power Soccer (speed burst! SPEED BURST!), TOCA Touring Cars, Spider Man, Colin McRae Rally, Tomb Raider, Little Big Adventure, Cool Boarders 2, WCW Backstage Assault, Rainbow 6, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace