The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

Cammy Smith is out of contract at the end of the season. Hopefully we can persuade him to stay. Loy still has a year on his contract and maybe Dundee's new manager will want to asses him first. O'Brien allegedly wants to sign and he is out of contract. Mallan and Morgan are both under contract so it depends on what bids come in for them. MacKenzie has been great so hopefully we can also work something out with him.

If the worst comes to the worst and we inevitably lose at least Mallan, let's hope the days of clubs stealing our best players for fuckin peanuts is gone. If they want them they better fuckin dig deep.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, elvis said:

So 250 grand I think hes worth way more than that .

Agreed. If he moves within Scotland, that's probably all we'd get. But if he goes down south, a wee highlights reel of goals and assists since January should make him worth half a million. 

3 hours ago, BuddieInDundee said:

Probably the best feeling around the club I've ever experienced. Can't wait for next season now, having said that I'm sure we were all very optimistic prior to Murray and Rae's campaigns and that didn't really work out to say the least!

Well done to The Midden for 'just' staying up, but you must be a very young fan if this season gives you the best feeling you've ever experienced.

I personally think you will do well next season with the manager you have & you will therefore have an even better experience.

6 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Well done to The Midden for 'just' staying up, but you must be a very young fan if this season gives you the best feeling you've ever experienced.

I personally think you will do well next season with the manager you have & you will therefore have an even better experience.

Nah mate. I've been going 25 years and it's the best I've experienced since 1999/2000.

Turning things on a sixpence like we have and doing it playing the sort of swashbuckling attacking football that usually sees teams win a league is immensely gratifying. Especially since we've gone from the outright worst St.Mirren side I've ever seen, to the most exciting I've seen for two decades in the space of three months.

That we 'just' did it, makes it even sweeter.

So 250 grand I think hes worth way more than that .

We can think what we like but unfortunately it doesn't translate into how other teams value him.

Using Falkirk and Accies as a marker we should be aiming for more than 350k.

31 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think you'll improve next season. I can't imagine what the derbies will be like if both teams are legit chasing promotion. 

I think we'll drop a bit in all honesty. Going to be a very competitive league again next season. Whoever is relegated from the Premiership, Falkirk and/or Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and yourselves will alll be going for it. Given you'll all have superior budgets to attract better players I'll be stunned if we do as well next season. 

Nah mate. I've been going 25 years and it's the best I've experienced since 1999/2000.
Turning things on a sixpence like we have and doing it playing the sort of swashbuckling attacking football that usually sees teams win a league is immensely gratifying. Especially since we've gone from the outright worst St.Mirren side I've ever seen, to the most exciting I've seen for two decades in the space of three months.
That we 'just' did it, makes it even sweeter.

Spot on. Easily the best football I've seen us play so far, granted it's in the Championship but the manner in which we've survived blows all the seasons of shitfesting our way to survival in the top flight out the water. Added to that I've not seen the fans bond with the team like this before.

There were some fans of other clubs (Pars fans I think) saying before yesterday's game that some Saints fans saying we'd be happy with the play offs was disingenuous. 

The chat after the game, when we were safe - and admittedly may have had a few beers - was that we were delighted to be safe.... BUT... we were a bit disappointed that we weren't going to be able to see any more of this team until August.

The contrast between the two halves of the season I think is also part of what's making us feel so bouyant. 

It wasn't just that the last three-four months have been so good, it was that the period before that was so truly appalling!

CANNOT WAIT for the 17/18 season to start.

COYS!

Us only offering organisation and commitment has been enough to take 15 points off your rabble the last two seasons. Even with your top 3 budget.

7d4e6c87e7e7a1dfa137835b0c185a02.jpg

Oi this rabble finished above your mob twice [emoji14].

Only joking, Dumbarton have been our boggiest of boggy teams if that makes sense.

12 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Us only offering organisation and commitment has been enough to take 15 points off your rabble the last two seasons. Even with your top 3 budget.

7d4e6c87e7e7a1dfa137835b0c185a02.jpg

Glad we agree, though like I said from our POV it's depressing!

Confirmation that Stephen McGinn's one-year contract extension has been activated. Could he get a gig at a bigger club? Certainly. But he just fucking loves St Mirren.

Crucial first piece of a very complicated jigsaw this summer. :thumsup2

Archived