The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Really hope Davis injury isn't as bad as first feared. He's made such a difference to us. My nerves can't handle watching Baird for the rest of the season

We might have Ben Gordon available soon. Dunno if he played for the under-20s the other night though.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.stmirren.com/news/commercial/commercial-news/752-st-mirren-announce-new-partnerships

News regarding next seasons kits. 

Bespoke deal with Joma is a bit of good news. They make some very decent bespoke kits indeed. 

Capital Investment has an air of CetCo about it. Unknown American firm who sponsored us for some mad reason. Let's hope it's another CetCo season! 

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

http://www.stmirren.com/news/commercial/commercial-news/752-st-mirren-announce-new-partnerships

News regarding next seasons kits. 

Bespoke deal with Joma is a bit of good news. They make some very decent bespoke kits indeed. 

Capital Investment has an air of CetCo about it. Unknown American firm who sponsored us for some mad reason. Let's hope it's another CetCo season! 

Think Cetco were from Singapore .

Yeah Joma kits haven't been popular with St Johnstone fans either have they? I'll reserve judgement. 

JD were awful at supply and customer service. They produced nice kits (one exception plus horrible sponsors) and you could buy them in JDs stores, a positive if they had stock and you could find them crammed behind the OF kits. It was the delays and stock issues plus the issues with not being allowed to by in the club shop that annoyed.  

We've had Joma shirts since 2014 and I like them.  This was the bespoke design they did for us:

dumbarton_2014-2015-1st.gif

I really liked that kit and I didn't hear many complaints about the quality.

Did I read somewhere you were going with TTL to supply your merchandise this year too?  We started doing that this season and the selection of stuff was quite good and good quality.  I've heard a few grumbles about delivery times but that might be because they won't hold much stock of Dumbarton stuff, I imagine they'll hold more for you guys.

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Yeah Joma kits haven't been popular with St Johnstone fans either have they? I'll reserve judgement. 

JD were awful at supply and customer service. They produced nice kits (one exception plus horrible sponsors) and you could buy them in JDs stores, a positive if they had stock and you could find them crammed behind the OF kits. It was the delays and stock issues plus the issues with not being allowed to by in the club shop that annoyed.  

St Johnstone have a rotten deal where they get the stuff out the catalogue and have a badge slapped on. Palermo on the other hand have a cracking shirt this season from the bespoke collection. Depends when this deal has been brokered that we might have missed the deadline for the custom kits for next season though. 

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

St Johnstone have a rotten deal where they get the stuff out the catalogue and have a badge slapped on. Palermo on the other hand have a cracking shirt this season from the bespoke collection. Depends when this deal has been brokered that we might have missed the deadline for the custom kits for next season though. 

No we get bespoke stuff. That's the problem. This seasons monstrosity 

PPA_Glentoran_StJohnstone-18-500x645.jpg

Ours are "bespoke", usually that means a big standard one with random flashes added on. We moaned it wasn't unique enough, so they slapped a monster on us to make a point. I wouldn't expect anything nice.

35 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

No we get bespoke stuff. That's the problem. This seasons monstrosity 

PPA_Glentoran_StJohnstone-18-500x645.jpg

Really? That's the bespoke stuff?! I'll reserve judgement until I see ours then. 

Though to be fair, the sponsor is the horrendous looking part. The strip is completely unremarkable. 

Really? That's the bespoke stuff?! I'll reserve judgement until I see ours then. 
Though to be fair, the sponsor is the horrendous looking part. The strip is completely unremarkable. 

Aye the strips actually ok. As is the away one, but the sponsor kills any hope of it being more than shite at best. Unfortunately their bespoke kits are simply slight variations in their team wear stuff, so prepare to be slightly disappointed.

I dunno if we've another year with them, but I'm hoping not, I'd rather get a Macron, actually I just want Macron. [emoji23]

• 4 weeks later...

Few very naughty rumours about Rangers bidding for Kenny McLean in the summer. 

Chances are it's just the classic 'unsettling' tactics from the meeja before a big cup final. But it could mean a sneaky (unexpected) windfall for us this summer. We're due 10%, apparently, and there's talk of a seven-figure fee being the starting point. 

Ideal for our promotion chase next season, from whichever league we're in :P

On 2017-3-30 at 18:24, djchapsticks said:

So do we to be fair, and our kit is lovely.

C6e-7L1WgAE6kdb.jpg

Joma 'bespoke' means that they take an original template, and then print a design on the the front I believe. 

Few very naughty rumours about Rangers bidding for Kenny McLean in the summer. 
Chances are it's just the classic 'unsettling' tactics from the meeja before a big cup final. But it could mean a sneaky (unexpected) windfall for us this summer. We're due 10%, apparently, and there's talk of a seven-figure fee being the starting point. 
Ideal for our promotion chase next season, from whichever league we're in [emoji14]

Over a million for a transfer between two Scottish clubs neither of which is Celtic. Nice as 100k would be for us that's got to be total pie in the sky stuff !

I was thinking about our recent home form and how good it's been after being the worst in the league for the first half of the season.

Since losing to Falkirk at the end of January we've went 7 home games unbeaten, winning 5, in all competitions.

Saints 4 - 1 New Saints

Saints 2 - 0 Hibs

Saints 0 - 0 Dunfermline

Saints 3 - 2 Dundee United

Saints 6 - 2 Ayr

Saints 1 - 1 Dumbarton

Saints 5 - 0 Raith Rovers

This actually gives us the best home form in the league over this period, taking more points than Hibs in less games and only one less than Utd who have played two more.

After being so poor at home for the last two and a half season before this run and generally not having a great record since moving from Love Street it's a fair turn around.

What I'm wondering is - is this our best ever run of form at Greenhill Road?

Archived