The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

No idea, I usually avoid it like the plague myself. Listening now due to the potential for hilarity but the discussion has been entirely devoted to the OF so far, naturally.

I'm astounded to hear that. Think it was 'DJ' who said, without a hint of humour, he didn't know of any other Scottish games being played at the weekend of the OF derby. Unfortunately I'm the junior of the pairing in the van at work so I don't get a say on it being put on.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloa has a Budget well behind Livi and Airdrie and Peterhead 

We are a well run club run by good people long may that continue 

We are not a Livi or Airdrie and never will be . We have had a good cup run this season so that will help this season 

Am sure we are on target to make the play offs 

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Jean Tigana comes in at 10/1 to be the next Saints manager....:blink:

Just proves how big a bunch of shitebags the bookies are. Raymie Duffin (who used to post on here) put on the St. Mirren FB page earlier that GLS was meeting Jean Tigana in Sapporito earlier and posted 'proof' of this (a dubious whatsapp conversation), the bookies clearly don't believe this but are sketchy enough that they'll price a 5,000/1 shot at 10/1, just on the off chance that everyone has temporarily lost their collective fucking minds!! :lol:

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Just proves how big a bunch of shitebags the bookies are. Raymie Duffin (who used to post on here) put on the St. Mirren FB page earlier that GLS was meeting Jean Tigana in Sapporito earlier and posted 'proof' of this (a dubious whatsapp conversation), the bookies clearly don't believe this but are sketchy enough that they'll price a 5,000/1 shot at 10/1, just on the off chance that everyone has temporarily lost their collective fucking minds!! :lol:

It's now become farcical with that particular bookies.:lol:

Be interesting to see what a new manager will bring to this squad because they are absolutely garbage. Going to have their work cut out. That defence is brutal.

Said it all along we need an experienced organiser.

Gus fits the bill. A large percentage of fans don't like him though and with it being Gordon Scott's first managerial appointment i don't know if he'll want to risk it.

17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Guy doing the radio mentioned Tigana spotted in Paisley this week :lol:

3 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

I don't think for a minute St.Mirren will be bottom two come May !!

We've still got Morton to play three times, so probably seven points minimum from those fixtures.:whistle

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but Charles 'Chico' Young seemed to be hinting pretty strongly that Fullarton was to be your next manager on Sportsound this afternoon.

But as it's him I'd be surprised if it was #ITK. Seems like a risky appointment.

23 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but Charles 'Chico' Young seemed to be hinting pretty strongly that Fullarton was to be your next manager on Sportsound this afternoon.

But as it's him I'd be surprised if it was #ITK. Seems like a risky appointment.

If Fullarton gets the gig then Gordon Scott obviously doesn't give a f**k about championship status. Fullarton has left a trail of disaster behind him at Notts county and Bolton, not to mention the fact that both sets of fans hated him.

29 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Chick Young knows even less now about what's going on at Saints than he did under the old board. During the summer he was saying the fans takeover was in trouble - a week later it was done. He doesn't like fan ownership and hopefully our chairman is treating him with the contempt he deserves.

Chick Young knows even less now about what's going on at Saints than he did under the old board. During the summer he was saying the fans takeover was in trouble - a week later it was done. He doesn't like fan ownership and hopefully our chairman is treating him with the contempt he deserves.

As much as Chic is a complete throbber, he was right about the appointment of Alex Rae, let's hope he isn't right about Fullarton.

Archived