Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

Will the trophy be there on Saturday? Does it now just follow us about until we officially wrap it up? Not sure on the process 

Last home game the week after, assuming its clinched by then, which I'm still not entirely confident it will be. 

As the games were being called off one after the other in January and February, it was always obvious that March April was going to be a hard slog which would take it's toll on a small squad. That has happened and thankfully we've got through it all. The players looked dead on their feet last night (understandable) but the effort levels are still there and I hope we, at least, get that point on Saturday for the players.

5 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Will the trophy be there on Saturday? Does it now just follow us about until we officially wrap it up? Not sure on the process 

The trophy is pretty much always given to every Champion club at their last home game, regardless of when they win it, unless of course they win it in the last game away from home, in which case they'll get it there (and if it's in the wrong location they'll wait till it arrives).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Well done on an impressive season Binos, finishing well clear of the pack!  I always think that it's good to have our bigger towns (given that we don't have that many of them) represented well up the leagues, so that's long overdue for Stirling.

Hopefully I'll make it along to Forthbank next season.  Haven't checked back through the records but it seems a wee while since Queens and Albion were in the same league.  For some reason I never made it to the old Annfield ground either, don't know why.

What's been the big factor behind this?  Good management?  Good recruitment?  Bringing through young talent?  New investment?  Excuse my ignorance here, just trying to gauge what we'll see next season.

Better coaching and management in general. The recruitment was decent too but I'd put the former as more of a factor.

There has been a massive improvement this season compared to last.

As well as playing better football, the team spirit in general is better than I've seen in decades. Not only have they played some cracking football, there have been multiple comebacks and late winners.

The fans are loving it and crowds have increased through the season.

There's just a really positive vibe throughout, staff, players, fans.

I've always thought it's much easier for players to buy in when they are encouraged to play decent football.

We've generally.played a 442 with out and out wingers and Jack leitch as part of a midfield 2, which is a pretty attacking line up. I'm not convinced we can get away with that every week next year but that's for another day..

8 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Last home game the week after, assuming its clinched by then, which I'm still not entirely confident it will be. 

On the bright side they only have one place to look for a winner on Saturday.  

21 minutes ago, Binos said:

Darren Young and the lack of revolting atmosphere around the club now is why 

No, the people who got us out of debt, improved the revenue and hired Darren Young are why.  The people you wanted out. The revolting atmosphere was generated by you and the rest of the bitter b*****ds, who never stopped agitating.   

12 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

No, the people who got us out of debt, improved the revenue and hired Darren Young are why.  The people you wanted out. The revolting atmosphere was generated by you and the rest of the bitter b*****ds, who never stopped agitating.   

The people who got us out of debt came before,  as you know 

Time to celebrate the club

1 minute ago, Binos said:

The people who got us out of debt came before,  as you know 

Time to celebrate the club

Who led those "people who came before" Einstein?

It's time to celebrate the team's achievements, not read pish about revolting atmospheres from the arseholes who created it, or history rewrites from scumbags.

35 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Who led those "people who came before" Einstein?

It's time to celebrate the team's achievements, not read pish about revolting atmospheres from the arseholes who created it, or history rewrites from scumbags.

Totally agree