Stirling Albion Thread

I’ve said it on numerous occasions but I was never really won over by Mackay but had totally lost faith in him after the away game in Edinburgh a few weeks before the International break.

Dave Mackay was a likeable guy and I wanted him to succeed so much but it just didn’t happen for him and as I said in the Albion Rovers thread, he was let down badly by players he brought in over the summer period. I hope that’s not the end for him in football and he gets another chance elsewhere it gets himself a coaching role or something comes up for him.

So, onto the next guy. I think the job will be an attractive one for people and I don’t think we’ll be short of applicants.

I would personally love to see Allan Moore return, I said that before Mackay, and I honestly feel the time is right for him. Wether he would be interested in leaving his current role at Clyde to be his own man again, who knows but for me, it would be a dream return and appointment that the fans would get behind.

On various websites people are chatting about Jim Duffy, Paul Hartley and John Hughes, they’re all names that you would obviously love but you would of thought they’d be all looking to get back into the game slightly higher up the food chain. However, you can’t write them off I suppose, a few years ago, would people have seen Gus McPherson at Queens Park or Danny Lennon at Clyde?

I just hope that this time, someone is appointed with some kind of track record. Since Moore left we have stumbled from poor appointment to poor appointment and all but Jocky Scott have been rookie managers, there is no fail safe way to appoint a new gaffer, but this time I think we need someone who has some kind of track record that the fans can get a little bit of belief behind.

Squad wise, when everyone is fully fit, j still think we are a decent side. You still wonder where goals are going to come from and we are missing some physicality but by and large we have a lot of players who could play for any team at this level. Where the problem lies is we are seriously lacking away from 8 or 9 good players. The summer signings have been really poor and with the exception of Callum Ferrie (who is on loan from Dundee) the youngsters just didn’t seem up to playing at this level. If any of them are reading this then I would absolutely love for them to go out and prove me wrong, but we’ve yet to see it so far this season.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Lives in Larbert/Stenhousemuir as well, could be a good shout emoji1303.png

I did not realise he lived there, the comment was made more as a laugh than serious intent.

I am sad that it did not work out for him at Tannadice, but after yesterday and the way things had been for a while with no sign of improvement the correct decision was reached.

Peaso applied for the Clyde job after being in charge temporarily wouldn't be surprised if he went for the Stirling job.

Pretty sure he went for the EK job as well. Would rather someone with a bit more experience tbh.

58 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Pretty sure he went for the EK job as well. Would rather someone with a bit more experience tbh.

Agree what we need now is someone with experience to steady the ship and get the players playing to their potential. Still think we have not a bad squad of players what we need is someone to get the best out of them or else they will be out the door. We must have the 3rd or 4th best budget in this League but on the park it does not seem like it at times. 

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Peaso applied for the Clyde job after being in charge temporarily wouldn't be surprised if he went for the Stirling job.

Although he was joint Manager with JP at the time, I got the impression that he had a bit more about him as a Manager. Only my opinion but just on some of the post match interviews and if I'm not mistaken it was Peaso's contacts who got Goodwillie and the 2 Dundee boys in on loan for last few games.

In any case still grateful to  him and JP for the great escape and essentially saving the club to be brutally honest ( Not that I 'd swap for the current Dream Team of course) :wub:

Edited by FREDDYFRY

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:01, Neilly said:

Just noticed you got beat 3-0 off yon pub team on Saturday. 

Made me giggle. Pound for pound you are the worst club in Scotland at the minute.

Pleasing.

13 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Just noticed you got beat off Cowdenbeath with 10 men.:lol:

What a club.

"Just noticed"

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Great time to be an out of work manager but not so great for you guys and the others. Might have to up the wage offer.

Stirling, Berwick, Queen’s Park, Airdrie, Dumbarton, Partick and Dundee Utd, all hunting new manager, start the merry go round.!

keys in a bowl?

15 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Great time to be an out of work manager but not so great for you guys and the others. Might have to up the wage offer.

Stirling, Berwick, Queen’s Park, Airdrie, Dumbarton, Partick and Dundee Utd, all hunting new manager, start the merry go round.!

That's the Dundee United job taken care of, wouldn't expect the vacant jobs at Berwick, Queens Park, Airdrie and Stirling to attract the same calibre of manager that would be interested in the Dumbarton and Partick jobs. Just hope whoever we get at Forthbank gets the team moving up the League.