Stirling Albion Thread

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I don’t think he is, but what I do think is that this isn’t the place for this chat.

Once again, I will ask the question why you have not gone through the official channels to gain the information that you are seeking? Is it to publicly sling more mud towards the club?

Pie and Bovril is a forum to talk football, it’s not a forum to go into all the intricate details of Trust and other off the field matters. You have asked questions and someone who has the answers has answered them for you.

If you are not happy with the answers given then raise them directly with the people involved, don’t hide behind usernames.

I agree with Ray Vaughn and if you’re not Mark then you appear to be of a very similar mind to him, so no doubt are working toward the same agenda. I have said in previous posts that you appear to be working towards an agenda and you said the only agenda you are working towards is to ensure that every day fans (like myself, not on the Trust Board, not on the SC board, not in the loop of the Exc) are informed of all aspects of the bid before voting on it:........there is now no bid, there is now no vote, yet you continue, which can only suggest to me that your not being clear with the facts that you give and are working to your (or someone else’s) agenda.

I had questions for the Consortium, I sent them directly to the Consortium and I got honest answers, I didn’t always get the answers I was hoping for but I got answers. I had questions for the Trust and to the Exc Board and I asked the questions to John Buchan & Dave King, David McFarlane and Stuart Brown. Again, I did not always receive the answer I was hoping for but I got the answer to my questions........I never felt the need to go on public forums to find the answers and stir things up, just that little bit more.

There seems to be a couple of “unknown” Stirling Albion posters who have popped up over the past couple of months, none of them want to chat football and they all want to talk about the now dead takeover bid. That suggests to me that these people are not actually supporters of the football team, and just want to make life difficult for the Trust, for Colin Rowley and Co and maybe even Stuart Brown.

If I’m way off the mark, then I’m sorry, but I’ll be stunned if I am.

As I said before: “This club needs a totally fresh start with a blank sheet of paper. The lack of ideas has turned the focus onto personalities. 

Trust members with something to offer, from whatever background, need to get round a table and establish a new direction for the club.  

We're better than this, better than name-calling, factions and squabbling.”

Hardly mud slinging.

I understand that it matters to some people who swaggered at a meeting last summer, who called who a p**** and who drank a cup of tea in a smug way last week.

Meanwhile though the club – our club - is about to implode. 

So you trying to tell me what my name is, what my opinions are and what I can and can’t talk about really is a brutal waste of your energy.

9 minutes ago, King Crownest said:

As I said before: “This club needs a totally fresh start with a blank sheet of paper. The lack of ideas has turned the focus onto personalities. 

Trust members with something to offer, from whatever background, need to get round a table and establish a new direction for the club.  

Hardly mud slinging.

I understand that it matters to some people who swaggered at a meeting last summer, who called who a p**** and who drank a cup of tea in a smug way last week.

So you trying to tell me what my name is, what my opinions are and what I can and can’t talk about really is a brutal waste of your energy.

If only there was a group of people looking to invest in the club and give it a new direction... :whistle

18 minutes ago, Mattie1880 said:

If only there was a group of people looking to invest in the club and give it a new direction... :whistle

The consortium is dead in the water because it won’t get 75 per cent support.

I’m quite happy to point out the massive flaws in the bid all over again if you want.

But my point is that the Trust, club, members etc. need to move on and find a plan that everyone can get behind.

The Trust board has to lead the way on this.

10 hours ago, King Crownest said:

Hardly mud slinging.

How is the club "about to implode". That's a pretty dramatic and alarmist word to use.

One of the arguments against the consortium bid was that the club was in a reasonably stable financial position with money in the bank so shouldn't be taking on debt. We finished higher in the league last season than we have in a while, and seem to have a manager who is taking the playing side forwards.

Your arguments tend to suggest there's a danger of stagnation, and that's a fair enough point to make. You may have had a hyperbolic moment, but, if you used the word correctly, I'd love to know what information you have to suggest the club is about to implode.

16 hours ago, King Crownest said:

Hardly mud slinging.

Nice shit stirring letter in the Stirling Observer the other day by the way.

P.s you're a complete fucking toss.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Nice shit stirring letter in the Stirling Observer the other day by the way.

P.s you're a complete fucking toss.

Apologies, we’re clearly not better than this.

Name-calling, factions and squabbling.

On you go.

Stirling Albion RIP

I think it was a fair victory for Dunfermline today, they deserved the win and maybe if they had their shooting boots on, it would of been more, but that doesn’t take anything away for our lads as I thought we played well and were by no means disgraced.

The penalty decision changed the game and it was a clear shove in the back of Stewart. Due to the dugouts being hidden by the hospitality booths, I didn’t actually see what had happened with Dave Mackay but obviously something has been said for the Linesman to call over the Ref to send him to the stand. Pretty uncharacteristic by Mackay, so would be interesting to know what it was about.

I thought Dunfermline looked good, but despite us doing well, when they upped a gear we just couldn’t cope and after 2 quick fire goals, caused by their pace going forward, it was always going to be difficult.

I thought we looked ok Defensively, but lacked pace, I thought Dominic Docherty played well in the middle of the park and Peaso & Stewart were work horses up front. Stewart might not score many goals, but he puts one hell of a shift in going by the Dundee and Dunfermline games.

If we can play like this in the league then we’ll be fine this season, I do worry about the squad size however and agree we need a couple of more new faces, let’s just hope there is still room in the budget for another loan or two.

Last point, interesting to see Reg McLaren come on, first time I have seen him or certainly noticed him. He didn’t have much to do but he looks like a big, physical Striker who is strong as an ox and won’t be bullied, bit like Russell McLearn at Peterhead, could be something of a secret weapon for us this season........I did say, could!

King Crownest & Red Watch, the season is about underway, just wondering what your thoughts are about the look of the squad going into it and what our expectations should be........also, how do you think we’ve played over the Betfred games and Mackay’s signings so far?

With you both caring so much about the club, I’m sure we are all intrigued to hear your thoughts on the playing squad and this forth coming season.

On 29/07/2018 at 17:07, BB_Bino said:

King Crownest & Red Watch, the season is about underway, just wondering what your thoughts are about the look of the squad going into it and what our expectations should be........also, how do you think we’ve played over the Betfred games and Mackay’s signings so far?

With you both caring so much about the club, I’m sure we are all intrigued to hear your thoughts on the playing squad and this forth coming season.

The playing squad is not in bad shape but needs augmenting by a couple of players.  We need more pace in the team – we saw last season what Calumn Morrison could do and lower tier defences are terrified of pace.  I recall that Nathan Austin used to have a field day when he used his pace.

We looked a bit vulnerable at the back to pace at East End Park and this needs to be considered by Dave Mackay and what can be done to rectify matters. 

I am very hopeful that we will do OK in the league but we will have to wait and see what opposition the likes of Clyde and Peterhead will present over the season.  Interesting signings at Broadwood including the Huddersfield loanees.

I have always been a Mackay person which is more than can be said for one or two in the club boardroom.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:31, BB_Bino said:

It’s getting quite tiresome all this.

The old Trust board, those that quit the positions in shame before questions were put towards them, as you know, appointed someone who was quite open and clear that they hated Stuart Brown......which is fine, but as an independent investigator, no, that’s not fine.

So you would surely agree that, any conclusions from the investigate, involving this person, have to be suspect?

I'd be quite happy to see any conclusions from that investigation. Particularly any recommendations as to how the club could have handled the situation better. I'd like to see them because the SFA didn't criticize the club. The Police didn't criticize the club and the court which convicted one of the offenders made no criticism of the club's conduct.  I'd like to know what experience and qualifications the person who led the investigation had in child protection issues, that is superior to that of a court of law?  I'd like to know what his chosen field of work actually is.  I'd like to know who was given access to a confidential report before it was handed over to the new trust board.   I fully intend to ask those questions at the first available meeting.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:23, King Crownest said:

Apologies, we’re clearly not better than this.

Name-calling, factions and squabbling.

On you go.

Stirling Albion RIP

You are confusing the club with the old board. The old board is definitely dead, it just likes to haunt the living. The club is not dead and won't be as long as we can keep a bunch of sad, bitter, malcontents well away from any office within it.    We all remember how  Lewandowski stated  he would apologise to Stuart Brown and withdraw their motion to remove him as a director in the morning, yet less than 8 hours later staged a group resignation and left Stuart Brown facing that vote at an EGM.  The  resulting vote backing the chairman must have rankled deep with the most incompetent assassins in history.  Assassinating themselves instead was surely an astounding achievement, which I sincerely hope rankled as deep as deep can get.

36 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

The club is not dead and won't be as long as we can keep a bunch of sad, bitter, malcontents well away from any office within it.  

As this thread clearly proves there are a lot of sad, bitter, malcontents (sic) on both sides.

26 minutes ago, drs said:

As this thread clearly proves there are a lot of sad, bitter, malcontents (sic) on both sides.

That coming from someone who refers to mainland Scots as "southern gits"  is rather like a skunk accusing other animals of being smelly.

Mainland Scots are Southern gits, and what that has to do with the price of fish I don't know.

Edited by drs

Just now, drs said:

Mainland Scots are Southern gits, and what that has to do with the price of fish concerning the bullying of individuals on here who have their own opinions I don't know.

Your stereotypical reference to all mainland Scots as "southern gits" is certainly an opinion.  I'm happy to leave that to speak for itself on you.