Stirling Albion Thread

Be Insteresting to see how many individuals applied for the jobs available at all of Berwick, Stirling, Airdrie and Dumbarton. With the SAFC applications closing, if the person offered the job has been Invited to an interview with any (or both) of the higher division club's, will they ask for more time to see how it pans out, would Stirling allow this?
Interesting times for all concerned.

2 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Tam Courts heading to you lot, should be confirmed next week

Official website saying a sift has been carried out and interviews being arranged with successful candidates. Doesn't tie in with your comment.

Can't imagine a football club would seemingly go through a process when a decision has already been made, can you:whistle?

1 hour ago, gmca said:

Official website saying a sift has been carried out and interviews being arranged with successful candidates. Doesn't tie in with your comment.

Can't imagine a football club would seemingly go through a process when a decision has already been made, can you:whistle?

and this would make his resignation a trifle premature?

Tbh I'm suspicious of Airdrie.
Someone on another L1 thread has said Aitken's basically got the Airdrie job, but I'm of the opinion of you that it would be a waste of new "squad time" for the new man if this was all done and dusted but still using the interview process as a front.
Airdrie released a statement yesterday saying applications will close on Monday now after being pleasantly surprised by the standard of application.
Maybe its me just being suspicious or getting ready to be underwhelmed. But I'm dreading reading the words "Aitken Unveiled at Airdrie".
So in short, don't be surprised when SA also announce Courts. That was my theory as soon as he left Kelty. Berwicks too far, doubt any L1 club would take a chance (yet!) So Stirling seems like the best fit.

8 hours ago, headthebaw said:

and this would make his resignation a trifle premature?

It does seem like he's got a job lined up elsewhere, and, as Ammo Airdrie says, we might be the most likely of the current vacancies. I would wonder a bit, though, since it's feasible we could swap places with Kelty at the end of the season, why he would choose us.

4 hours ago, gmca said:

dIt does seem like he's got a job lined up elsewhere, and, as Ammo Airdrie says, we might be the most likely of the current vacancies. I would wonder a bit, though, since it's feasible we could swap places with Kelty at the end of the season, why he would choose us.

No disrespect to Kelty but, he'd be testing himself at a higher level. A play-off place for us is not out of the question and any manager who achieved this would consider that a success.

Edited by headthebaw

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Tbh I'm suspicious of Airdrie.
Someone on another L1 thread has said Aitken's basically got the Airdrie job, but I'm of the opinion of you that it would be a waste of new "squad time" for the new man if this was all done and dusted but still using the interview process as a front.
Airdrie released a statement yesterday saying applications will close on Monday now after being pleasantly surprised by the standard of application.
Maybe its me just being suspicious or getting ready to be underwhelmed. But I'm dreading reading the words "Aitken Unveiled at Airdrie".
So in short, don't be surprised when SA also announce Courts. That was my theory as soon as he left Kelty. Berwicks too far, doubt any L1 club would take a chance (yet!) So Stirling seems like the best fit.

I wouldn't say Berwick would be too far for him the squad train in Haddington so will only be in Berwick every fortnight. Stirling however would be the more attractive of the two jobs.

1 hour ago, headthebaw said:

No disrespect to Kelty but, he'd be testing himself at a higher level. A play-off place for us is not out of the question and any manager who achieved this would consider that a success.

As you say it would be a whole new kettle of fish going from a side who have been winning in the non leagues most weeks to one currently struggling in L2 but with the potential to move upwards. Would be interesting to see how he would do at a place like the Albion.

1 hour ago, headthebaw said:

Maybe, but I feel Kelty have big ambitions, and are probably looking to emulate Edinburgh City's achievements. I was surprised that Courts resigned given the job at Kelty looks like an interesting one to have at this point in time.

Assuming he's left to move to a side currently higher in the food chain, we seem a pretty poor option, not only because of our current problems, but also the fact we've gone through 5 managers in a fairly short space of time since we became fan owned.

We'll find out soon enough I suppose, and I think Courts might be a reasonable appointment if it comes to pass. 

1 hour ago, gmca said:

Maybe, but I feel Kelty have big ambitions, and are probably looking to emulate Edinburgh City's achievements. I was surprised that Courts resigned given the job at Kelty looks like an interesting one to have at this point in time.

Assuming he's left to move to a side currently higher in the food chain, we seem a pretty poor option, not only because of our current problems, but also the fact we've gone through 5 managers in a fairly short space of time since we became fan owned.

We'll find out soon enough I suppose, and I think Courts might be a reasonable appointment if it comes to pass. 

It’s an interesting appointment if he goes there. How will the  current management stand ins take to a young whipper snapper coming in.

tough gig for a new start to the spfl I feel.

12 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

It’s an interesting appointment if he goes there. How will the  current management stand ins take to a young whipper snapper coming in.

tough gig for a new start to the spfl I feel.

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't go down too well with our support I suspect.

All the noises coming from the club suggest we're looking to bring in an experienced manager, and that's what the fans also want, provided it's a decent appointment. Although I think he'd be an okay appointment, he's certainly not in my top 3 or 4.