Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

I do like what TW says at these Q&A nights. He really has got the crowd on side now and washing his hands of King has removed all the scepticism of the "old pals act" between them.

(I did hear that King tried to gain access to the dressing room at Spartans and was promptly asked to "get tae", so no love lost)

I for one am hugely excited about the new season. Kevin McBride whilst inexperienced looks to have a system in place from top to bottom, something that hasn't been seen at Airdrie in a long time.

I still find it absolutely crazy that the stadium want £8,000 per match, though, but ultimately there is no alternative to it.

So did King come back to the club after he left? Kinda difficult that as King left first week in June and the Spartans game was early July! 

Anyway a good positive Monday night in Airdrie at Cue Here. 

10 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

So did King come back to the club after he left? Kinda difficult that as King left first week in June and the Spartans game was early July! 

Anyway a good positive Monday night in Airdrie at Cue Here. 

DaR was at the game as guest of Spartans.

13 minutes ago, onlythelonely1 said:

I'm looking at your previous posts and you sound very much like King, you referred to Andy Goram as "the goalie" on here and on Twitter.

Proves nothing. If you wore a moustache does that make you Hitler? Don't bother applying for the police just yet as you'll need to cast your net a bit further than King!  

Nice to see King is keeping himself busy. 

I think Schmidt was playing for East Kilbride during the 2nd half of last season. No idea how he got on there but it's probably wise to give him some shorter deal to see if he can cut it. He seems to have caught the eye in the Annan game anyway.  

He's playing for us in the friendly against St Mirren today.

And I hope they change their mind or show a bit of leniency with regards to season ticket payments. My family has paid theirs in installments the last few years and I'm not sure if we'd be able to afford the payment in a oner. I know at least a couple of people in the same position too. 

15 hours ago, Diamondaway said:

Q and A tonight.

Tom said Livingston have offered £500 for Cadden as compensation payment and that will obviously go to a tribunal, lets hope Livingston don't get there way there. He also said that he had talked to Lithgow recently and that he regrets signing for Livingston already. Tom gave the impression the only player Livingston got that he really wanted to stay was Cadden.

Was Watt's compensation mentioned?

This wee guy could be really exciting.   1st goal on Saturday he turned Gorman inside out and buried it from edge of the box.   2nd goal he ran half the length of the pitch, burned off any challenge and rifled it from 25 yards.   2 cracking finishes.    We could have defended both better tbf but you wouldnt sniff a that quality.

Archived