Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Stewart could do a job at right back at this level, certainly if we have money to spend I wouldn't be spending it there. The major thing against him in that position is his lack of pace over 5-10 yards. Once he gets up and running he's a pretty strong runner, but over short distances he's really slow and will leave him vulnerable to quick one-twos around him, or wingers standing him up and then outpacing him. Bain and O'Neil were always very poor positionally but usually their speed could get them out of jail, Stewart doesn't have that luxury.

On the flip side, he should give us a bit more presence in the air defending crosses at the back post than we've had before, in the last few seasons we've always been vulnerable to the cross to the back post and Bain/O'Neil being beaten in the air.

4 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

Followed by my HERO doing his usual stalking job.

Touchè!  

When your non stop drivel is the only show in town I don't know if anyone has any option. You are kind like a completely abysmal VT for want of a better comparison. Also to be fair I think I've replied to you maybe twice on a 96 page thread. If that gets your shite, needy hackles up then so be it.

13 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

When your non stop drivel is the only show in town I don't know if anyone has any option. You are kind like a completely abysmal VT for want of a better comparison. Also to be fair I think I've replied to you maybe twice on a 96 page thread. If that gets your shite, needy hackles up then so be it.

Getting stalked on the internet and harrassed by a wrestling afficienado really is an all time low.

Imagining you type your moany faced rants to me in a Randy Savage voice isn't disturbing me at all.  

"Oh yeah"

58 minutes ago, touchedbymadness said:

Getting stalked on the internet and harrassed by a wrestling afficienado really is an all time low.

Imagining you type your moany faced rants to me in a Randy Savage voice isn't disturbing me at all.  

"Oh yeah"

Just for clarification, you are calling me a stalker but have went on my profile to find out where I post on the forum to then stalk those posts. What a strange wee man you are.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Just for clarification, you are calling me a stalker but have went on my profile to find out where I post on the forum to then stalk those posts. What a strange wee man you are.

You were on mines first though?     You do realise you're now polluting this thread worse than you usually whine about.   Do you smell what I'm cooking?  

You were on mines first though?     You do realise you're now polluting this thread worse than you usually whine about.   Do you smell what I'm cooking?  

What age are you both?

34 minutes ago, Aufc said:

What age are you both?

There's a continual thread on here where people, usually newcomers, can pick away at quotes on here and attempt to ridicule.  

Dare to answer back or justify yourself and you get the serial whingers decry you.

Never ending cycle. 

Archived