Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

One of several mutant holes in the radius of about half a mile. Unfortunately ignorance is still a way of life for many in ML6.

Macho Man cb_diamond strikes again.  You really have brought shame to this board with your testosterone fuelled, spandex, and baby oil inspired abuse.   

Go get your blood pressure monitored and stay off the steroids...  or alternatively paint your face,  go in to the Bluebell and smash the mutants over the head with steel chairs and suplex them through wallpapering tables if that floats your boat?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of several mutant holes in the radius of about half a mile. Unfortunately ignorance is still a way of life for many in ML6.

Aye ignorance definitely is a way of life when people pass comment on pubs they've probably never been in and deem themselves fit to tell others where they should drink, who they should support and what they should think....

12 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Aye ignorance definitely is a way of life when people pass comment on pubs they've probably never been in and deem themselves fit to tell others where they should drink, who they should support and what they should think....

I wonder if the sunderland poster went in the pub. Did he meet bobby the barman was his back to the wall as the two guys were playing darts and was he scared to go the toilet on his own. You would think sunderland is the beverly hills.

The leaflets are a great idea. Good range of info there and even if there is a modest uptake in season tickets then they've paid for themselves.

Agreed, think they're a great idea. With 15,000 delivered around the local area, even if 1 in every 100 people decide to go to a game on the back of it that would be superb. As you say it might even attract a handful of new season ticket holders.

The leaflet itself looks very impressive.

Obviously we are massively playing catch up in regards of the support we lost but this can only be seen as the first real attempt to get these people back. Getting them back would be one thing but keeping them for the long haul is another. Without a doubt we need the team to do its part which I'm quietly confident that they will.

40 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Definately and let's be honest if we are playing decent football and entertaining as it looks like is going to be the case then that will hugely improve the chances of a return.

I liked on Friday, McBride was telling specific players to move out and not to sit back to deep. I liked the fact we had a go. I also liked the fact when we lost the goal he brought Kevin on allmost straight away trying get us a better influence on the game rather than sit back and wait to se what happens.

I obviously wasn't there tonight but I hope there isn't a lot of greeting and moaning on here. The first two games were obvious losers against opposition from higher leagues. This is a young team who needs encouragement. We will get a better idea of where we're at after the next two games.

Archived