Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Performance wasnt great. However as previous posters have said we have a young squad which brings inconsistency were missing a couple of players. McBride will learn more from this game than the partick game. I wish the minority fans would learn though and back the team like the majority rather than shout verbalss at young players at the first sign of a bad performance. We should have done better but let's look at the big picture new team and a very young back line playing against a team in a league above us. Patience is required.

46 minutes ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

Don't understand how Airdrie fans shout "just as shite as last season" and "what the f*ck are you doing at Ravenscraig" in the middle of what is billed as a pre-season friendly.

I Agree with you 100% and let's be honest it was the small minority. I don't believe for a moment they are true supporters.   Anyone know if Airdrie fan who took unwell is okay.

Guest LonglivetheKING
30 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Why would anyone who wasn't a "true Airdrie supporter" travel to Dumfries on a Tuesday night?

More incoherent and ill-judged nonsense.    Too many meaningless cliches in football these days.

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Why would anyone who wasn't a "true Airdrie supporter" travel to Dumfries on a Tuesday night?

Do you think the verbals shouted at the Team  is supportive of the team. The first sign of struggling on the park and small minority turn on young team like that. 

Prior commitments will stop me going to any of the betfred games. However McBride has openly admitted that he treating these games as pre-season to further enhance the fitness etc etc. He has also admitted that there are still one or two positions of concern and they are actively looking to bring players in. So the team at the moment is a work in progress. It's a very young team which needs leadership. Fans who pay there money are entitled to there opinion but when that opinion becomes abuse for no reason then that crosses the line. I have been an Airdrie fan for 27yrs and have seen the good the bad and the ugly when it comes to Airdrie. If that was two league games we had just lost then I would be more worried than I am.

1 minute ago, Diamond8 said:

At the risk of being hounded and called just about everything under the sun, I felt we missed Fitzpatrick last night. Hugo Faria is a fecking nightmare

I would rather Fitz than Faria, who is a complete and utter liability. However, I'd rather have neither of them.

Just as we shouldn't get too excited after beating teams like Gala and Clyde, we shouldn't get too despondent about losing to teams from higher leagues.  There are some weaknesses in the squad, but we won't know how serious they are in the context of our league campaign until we play against teams from our own league - I certainly don't think that teams like Brechin, Stenny etc. (with no disrespect to them) will press as well as QoS did, for instance.
That said, we do clearly need a strong, experienced centre-back, and some more strength, especially in the middle.  I think a few of our players were too easily pushed about last night.  
Also, though this was maybe less true in the second half, there seemed to be very little presence on the left,  leaving MacDonald quite exposed.  Hamill was allowed far, far too much space, and was able to get very far up the pitch with little challenge.  That's going to need sorted. 

Guest LonglivetheKING

Thanks to brilliant planning from Black and King we're stuck with both for 2 years.  

Fitzpatrick is a good captain, just an ineffective player.    Not sure he'd have made much of a difference.  Queens are a solid and experienced championship team now,  we're very much a work in progress.

Stenhousemuir will be our first real test.   Anything less than a win and promising display will be disappointing.

Time to get off the manager and players backs just now, next 2 games though are 

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

At the risk of being hounded and called just about everything under the sun, I felt we missed Fitzpatrick last night. Hugo Faria is a fecking nightmare

Thought the same myself. I actually felt we missed him last night. I actually felt he had played well on thr Friday untill he had to be taking off.

If some people were shouting the things stated above they should be seriously considering why they go to matches at all as stated by the Chairman. Even the biggest idiot should understand that this is an experiment funded by the Chairman to bring improvement for the fans. It is new and the vast majority of the players are young. To expect immediate success is pie in the sky. More than at any time in the past the fans need to play their part by supporting the team, not shouting abuse.

I completely agree about Stenny on Saturday being the first proper test of the season. An unbeaten pre season against lower level teams and then losses to superior opposition is all fine. A good show against a team we must take the majority of points off this season is necessary. 

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

It's not how I would support or motivate but that doesn't make me more of a supporter.

Do you think telling a player their sh..e or worse etc than last year's team is supportive or motivational during the game. 

Guest LonglivetheKING
44 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Do you think telling a player their sh..e or worse etc than last year's team is supportive or motivational during the game. 

Think he just answered that if you can read it, is there any need to ruin this board yet again with neverending nonsense?  

Just stop posting rubbish

Archived