Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

There's a continual thread on here where people, usually newcomers, can pick away at quotes on here and attempt to ridicule.  

Dare to answer back or justify yourself and you get the serial whingers decry you.

Never ending cycle. 

Why do you let it bother you? Its only the internet.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBM how about taking off the tinted specs. You come across like an arrogant dick. Your contribution to this thread is a smattering of salient team related points, several pieces of smart arse posturing and a complete cock like habit of badgering and targeting specific posters, particularly new ones,  some who give as good as they get (eg waysider), others (like Cooper) who your mean girl, wee lassie bullying of is as cringey as it is unfunny. You seem to be an attention seeking cock of a guy. I look forward to your piss poor, unfunny, sarcastic masterpiece of a response. 

Has anyone seen Sean Kelly play before tp give their thoughts on him. Seen QOS are charging 16 pound for tuesday night thought maybe charge a little less. Mcbookie have us at 4/1 just to win which for me is worth a couple of pound on. Thoughts for tuesday night. I think we have a good chance if we apply ourselves like friday night.

After Friday night i am a bit more relaxed about the need for another centre back. Yes we need cover and some more experience but on that display the back 4 should cope fine at the moment. The only negative i took was the lack of mobility in midfield, and we could struggle when teams break against us due to this. Overall though I'm more optimistic than i was a couple of weeks ago and looking forward to Tuesday night.

12 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

And IF ma Aunt had baws she'd be my uncle.

What of it?

My point is we are showing promising signs and yes it was a freindly with clyde . With making clyde look very poor to matching thistle and being a bit unfortunate for where i felt we deserved a draw. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

TBM how about taking off the tinted specs. You come across like an arrogant dick. Your contribution to this thread is a smattering of salient team related points, several pieces of smart arse posturing and a complete cock like habit of badgering and targeting specific posters, particularly new ones,  some who give as good as they get (eg waysider), others (like Cooper) who your mean girl, wee lassie bullying of is as cringey as it is unfunny. You seem to be an attention seeking cock of a guy. I look forward to your piss poor, unfunny, sarcastic masterpiece of a response. 

I'm picturing you in a bandana, flexing your arms (pythons?), covered in baby oil and using a deep mid Atlantic accent  in your head whilst coming up with that.

Hypertension is an issue, cut down on the salt and seriously,  cut out the potty mouth, you really ate ruining this thread.... BROTHER

7 minutes ago, David_86 said:

After Friday night i am a bit more relaxed about the need for another centre back. Yes we need cover and some more experience but on that display the back 4 should cope fine at the moment. The only negative i took was the lack of mobility in midfield, and we could struggle when teams break against us due to this. Overall though I'm more optimistic than i was a couple of weeks ago and looking forward to Tuesday night.

Absolutely nailed it.   McIntosh and Gorman looked good but it's a steep drop to the young 20s defenders.

1 minute ago, touchedbymadness said:

I'm picturing you in a bandana, flexing your arms (pythons?), covered in baby oil and using a deep mid Atlantic accent  in your head whilst coming up with that.

Hypertension is an issue, cut down on the salt and seriously,  cut out the potty mouth, you really ate ruining this thread.... BROTHER

Offt, even poorer than imagined! Bore aff sadsack.

11 minutes ago, David_86 said:

You want expeirenced centre half as maybe at some point a suspension or injury could leave us little vunerable. However in saying that if we signed expeirenced centre half the now it would be a good headache for mcbride to have as mcintosh had a good game on friday i wouldnt drop mcintosh.

You want expeirenced centre half as maybe at some point a suspension or injury could leave us little vunerable. However in saying that if we signed expeirenced centre half the now it would be a good headache for mcbride to have as mcintosh had a good game on friday i wouldnt drop mcintosh.

If the two centre halfs can keep clear of injury and suspension that will breed confidence which can hopefully filter through the team.

Another plus for the defence and younger players is they coped remarkably well against a premiership team, without stating the obvious were not going to face premiership quality every week.

10 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

If the two centre halfs can keep clear of injury and suspension that will breed confidence which can hopefully filter through the team.

Another plus for the defence and younger players is they coped remarkably well against a premiership team, without stating the obvious were not going to face premiership quality every week.

Thw young players and defense did well as you said. Joe Gorman looks like a leader at the back and is vocal. Its nice to be talking about positives as their was a lot. I liked the fact it wasnt back to the walls and that we had a right go at partick it was good football to watch. We might lose a few games but i think we will win a lot more having a go at teams.

8 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

Was at the game on Friday.

That Bluebell bar on the main street? Wow.

That's a lesson in psychiatry right there. My daughter is currently doing a masters in it and could do a doctorate on that place.

One of several mutant holes in the radius of about half a mile. Unfortunately ignorance is still a way of life for many in ML6.

51 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

One of several mutant holes in the radius of about half a mile. Unfortunately ignorance is still a way of life for many in ML6.

That's a bit harsh................ 

Most postcode areas have at least 1 "mutant hole" for either side of great divide we have inherited in Scotland....

Archived