Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Think he just answered that if you can read it, is there any need to ruin this board yet again with neverending nonsense?  

Just stop posting rubbish

Sooner folk stop preaching about how other people should support the better.

Abuse ain't my style either but I'm damned if I can bothered reading folk moan about it for another season, so I'm with you on this one. Just drop, stop posting about it and it and move on!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said from the early pre season games that Faria wouldnt do, we needed a proper midfielder instead of Faria (and Fitz), and that Brown's final ball needed improving.   That was gleaned from 3 pre season performances and nothing has changed.  Daly's loss was a major blow in both games too.

All this shit about not taking anything from pre-season games is nonsense.  It's as clear as day.

Dumfries and Maryhill are far better teams than we'll face in League 1.  

McBride has the team set out well but they need experience of playing together and a few extra bodies.

I've refrained from commenting until now but that crowd up the back of the stand are morons who spout nothing but drivel mostly and seem intent on causing trouble wherever they go. And for what it's worth, I wouldn't class them as true Airdrie supporters and the club would be better off without them. I know it's not the message we want to be sending out but that's how I feel unfortunately. 

I've refrained from commenting until now but that crowd up the back of the stand are morons who spout nothing but drivel mostly and seem intent on causing trouble wherever they go. And for what it's worth, I wouldn't class them as true Airdrie supporters and the club would be better off without them. I know it's not the message we want to be sending out but that's how I feel unfortunately. 

Not True airdrie supporters that go to every game, every week? I always see them at the games, can't class them as not true fans who go to all the games.

I'm not disputing the fact that they go to most games. I was referring to the fact that they are troublemakers and their antics reflect badly on the club which in my eyes doesn't make them true supporters. 

29 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

^^ What a load of shite ^^

Sorry, that attitude is just as bad as the loud mouth bile that you're moaning about.

It's fooball ffs

3 minutes ago, onlythelonely1 said:

I agree with you, not everyone wants to sit in silence and watch the game

It's not exactly what I meant tbh.   I do find a lot of the stuff shouted as cringeworthy and sometimes as dumb as f**k and that applies equally to both the cynics and the happy clappers.   But they pay their dues.  But I'd rather tell them to shut the f**k up or argue with them than bleat on here and act all superior, they pay their dues over the years and they care.

It's some of the vile language I hate most. I had to move seats a few times to get away from the worst offenders especially if I had the kids there due to them getting issues at school after telling their teacher they "w**k dugs".   I eventually sat near that area again as listening to the happy clappers was even worse, especially the ginger moron "take him oan Nicky, clap clap clap".  

It was better on the terracing.   You couldnt hear the shite years ago, Legoland has killed the atmosphere now.  There needs to be a better routine for kids sections away from the rancid guff

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

I'm not disputing the fact that they go to most games. I was referring to the fact that they are troublemakers and their antics reflect badly on the club which in my eyes doesn't make them true supporters. 

The reality is as a club we are trying to bring in a larger support, you would find due to behaviour of a small minority a parent who may have took their child last night to the match would be put off going again.  I don't expect us to sit in silence. I love it when our fans sing but screaming at young players isn't the way forward.

The reality is as a club we are trying to bring in a larger support, you would find due to behaviour of a small minority a parent who may have took their child last night to the match would be put off going again.  I don't expect us to sit in silence. I love it when our fans sing but screaming at young players isn't the way forward.

If Criticism is due then fair enough but when it's nothing short of abuse that's when it becomes an issue

6 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

If Criticism is due then fair enough but when it's nothing short of abuse that's when it becomes an issue

In what wasn't a great performance I thought Scott Stewart did reasonably well and ran himself into the ground but one fan in particular up the back felt the need to scream at Scott. For record Scott may not have been brilliant but you couldn't question his work rate so to be screamed at like he was in my opinion as a fan was out of order.

The only time I give players abuse is after the full time whistle and if I feel they haven't given it their all.
If someone is crap then he's crap and shouting at him ain't going to make him better. If someone hasn't tried a leg or has acted in an undignified manner which doesn't befit the shirt then they deserve abuse after the game. Generally I'd only abuse the team and not single out individuals and never during a game.

Obviously an outsider here but one way to battle the boo boys or to "enhance the atmosphere" is to be the atmosphere, be the one starting the singing, obviosuly all seater stadia isn't the best for getting a song going but it can happen.

Archived