Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe if hugo had pace he would be decent at this level. The reason he pulls players back during matches is that he doesnt have the pace . Your comparing  hugo against coyle however not all good footballers remain good in their 30s . Take paul harvey martin hardie neil mcfarlane to name a few who were great with us. You get some who do remain good though such as coyle and brian mcphee. 

hugo is fit enough to last 90min but cant pass,cant run,cant turn on a ball 

Was more pointing out the fact at 37 coyle done a good job at this level where as hugo is 33 and with his fitness at this level he should have a few year left in him if it was not for the fact hes never bein a good footballer his past shows that he is fit just he's no very good 

1 hour ago, Diamondatheart said:

hugo is fit enough to last 90min but cant pass,cant run,cant turn on a ball 

Was more pointing out the fact at 37 coyle done a good job at this level where as hugo is 33 and with his fitness at this level he should have a few year left in him if it was not for the fact hes never bein a good footballer his past shows that he is fit just he's no very good 

Your comparing hugo against a legend.  Not many players would stand up well against coyle.

I think we can all give it a rest with the Faria chat. Clearly it's been a massive error and a waste of a wage.

Obviously Cooper81 would support Jimmy Saville if he was wearing a Diamond. No point in arguing with it.

Jimmy Savile may be deceased, but he has the body of a 78 year old. He gives his all and does a lot of good work with the kids.

The league cup is a farce now. I don't know that many clubs will take it that seriously to be honest.

Not quite as much of a shambles as the challenge cup - which I'm absolutely not going near - but still, it's an utter disgrace.

Hard to take anything from one off games before the league is underway, so I'll keep my powder dry on that at the moment.

Alloa have started well however i wouldnt say they are any better than us. The challange cup i dont mind to much it will gave barra a chance to give some players game time for example higgins and loudon.

"They are not any better than us"

Have you seen them play? Considering they have beat every higher league team they have played this season then I can't really see how you can say this.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

"They are not any better than us"

Have you seen them play? Considering they have beat every higher league team they have played this season then I can't really see how you can say this.

I can because in my oppinon they are not any better than us.  The vast majority of the Alloa team i have seen play and i don't believe their team is any better than us. Teams can start a season brilliantly and fall away its happened many times in the past and will happen again, yes they have done well in the cup but airdrie also used to do brilliant in the cup but it didn't make us stick on to win the league. Put in perspective one league game on and we are level on points wait till the first fixtures are out the way and se what happens.

11 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

I can because in my oppinon they are not any better than us.  The vast majority of the Alloa team i have seen play and i don't believe their team is any better than us. Teams can start a season brilliantly and fall away its happened many times in the past and will happen again, yes they have done well in the cup but airdrie also used to do brilliant in the cup but it didn't make us stick on to win the league. Put in perspective one league game on and we are level on points wait till the first fixtures are out the way and se what happens.

I can't work out if you are deluded or a wind up merchant.

33 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Some bizarre arguments here Coop. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we finish above Alloa this year. Good team on paper, better depth than us and started like a freight train.

Archived