Berwick Rangers 2016/17

4 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Must be wearin "Haud me in" numbers..... Got to be ?!emoji23.png

HaHa. You'd have to ask Big John that. Here's another one from his Meadowbank Thistle days. Training ground gear circa 1993. Looks like Rocky (Sylvester Stallone) to me !

Coughlin1_zpsvyijtccp.jpg

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

I was at the last one but must have been about 11 and couldn't tell you anything about it.

That's a good enough story as it is. "Fan remembers attending Meadowbank Thistle's last ever home game v Berwick Rangers aged 11 and still follows the Wee Gers to this day. He couldn't tell us much about his visit other than that he was there. We like to keep our audience riveted to their seats nowadays at Edinburgh City ". 

Your story will be on Page 6. "The Fan's Profile" page.

I've dabbled in writing football related bollocks for some time. (The Absolute Game for instance) Can't remember the year, but on one visit a journalist from the Northern Echo - a daily paper from Darlington - tracked me down for an interview. Unfortunately I was absolutely ratarsed and just remember trying to answer him with little bubbles of ale dribbling from my gob.

Somewhere in Echo Towers Archives department is a photo of me in the main stand.

I don't look very well.

On 8/7/2016 at 23:05, Mr Blobby said:

Is it OK to include your story in the new Fanzine "Fans Profile" page? Are you coming to the match on August 27th and do you have any other interesting short stories on the Berwick Rangers travelling fans?

Updated 27 AugustGo%20Tell%20The%20Spartans%20FC%20Front% cover version attached

Not a problem mate, yes I will be there on the 27th. I will be meeting a Hibs supporting ex work colleague in some pub on Easter Road before the match as they have a home game with Morton that day too. 

There will be so many stories about our away travels over the years and there should be a very healthy support on the day, so just mingle amongst us if you want some quality patter.

Shame the Golden Gates ain't there any more.

7 hours ago, berwickdangers said:

Not a problem mate, yes I will be there on the 27th. I will be meeting a Hibs supporting ex work colleague in some pub on Easter Road before the match as they have a home game with Morton that day too. 

There will be so many stories about our away travels over the years and there should be a very healthy support on the day, so just mingle amongst us if you want some quality patter.

Shame the Golden Gates ain't there any more.

Cheers, will do.

Annan made Berwick look good - reality they are not.lucky if they make play offs.

Every time I go there the crowd seems to be lower and lower - shame because you can tell the  club are trying to develop club shop etc. Some real morons in the support especially 2 o them,protesting about the 2 footed tackle that led to the red card.

What's wrong wi that pitch behind the Ducket ? It looks good - could the club no buy that and build a tight wee ground & sell Shiel field to th Bikers.

Annan made Berwick look good - reality they are not.lucky if they make play offs.

Every time I go there the crowd seems to be lower and lower - shame because you can tell the  club are trying to develop club shop etc. Some real morons in the support especially 2 o them,protesting about the 2 footed tackle that led to the red card.

What's wrong wi that pitch behind the Ducket ? It looks good - could the club no buy that and build a tight wee ground & sell Shiel field to th Bikers.

Stick to worrying about your own cloggers you tractor shagging pipe

Archived