Aberdeen signing targets Summer 2016

Although my sources haven't been great in the past I have heard a rumour today that Reynolds could be used in a deal to sign Stewart from Dundee.

What - you will guarantee to play Reynolds against us next season or such like?

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this like the deal where we'd accept an out of contract Goodwillie instead of an extra £200k

I do think Reynolds may be one of our contracted players to leave this summer. McKenna looked very good last night and Considine is solid. If we are targeting another centre back then someone may have to leave.

I do think Reynolds may be one of our contracted players to leave this summer. McKenna looked very good last night and Considine is solid. If we are targeting another centre back then someone may have to leave.

Weren't Aberdeen fans screaming for Reynolds to be called up for Scotland not so long ago?

The Evening Express is running a story that Aberdeen are after Stewart but there are no comments or quotes from either club so likely just been lifted off the internet and used to fill space in the paper. Need to get more of their food reviews in the Friday edition.

Weren't Aberdeen fans screaming for Reynolds to be called up for Scotland not so long ago?

There's a cycle for Dons players... where their fans scream for them to get called up... then they can't get rid of them quick enough. See Reynolds, Pawlett, Langfield, Jack etc 

There's a cycle for Dons players... where their fans scream for them to get called up... then they can't get rid of them quick enough. See Reynolds, Pawlett, Langfield, Jack etc 

Don't recall Langfield ever getting that treatment.

And Reynolds, Pawlett, and Jack at the top of their game were easily good enough to get a game for Scotland.

Double post.

I reckon Cammy Smith should go out on loan, St Johnstone might serve him well but I'm not sure where he'd fit in.

I was on his case to sign for ICT when he was a pupil at the school I teach at. Good player, who I'd love to see play for us. He can't have another wasted season like 2015/16 either...

Don't recall Langfield ever getting that treatment.

And Reynolds, Pawlett, and Jack at the top of their game were easily good enough to get a game for Scotland.

But he's gone from the top of his game, to getting punted out the door in 1 season?

But he's gone from the top of his game, to getting punted out the door in 1 season?

He had a poor end to the season last year, then got injured in the Europa League and has been poor since then. Maybe a wee break before the qualifiers will do him some good.

Reynolds in the league cup winning season was outstanding but last year and especially this season he has struggled. He wasn't part of the team at the start of the season during the 9 wins and that showed he wasn't a guaranteed starter any more. He has since struggled in a lot of games this season. His pace was always his strong point but he has lost a yard or two.

I think he will be one of the higher earners and I can't see the manager justifying a high earner sitting on the bench if a new centre half is signed alongside taylor and with young McKenna and Considine also in the squad. The manager has to utilise his budget in the best way possible and he may feel Reynolds isn't good enough to be on that sort of contract.

Has Reynolds struggled because he's be too worried about playing alongside Taylor?

Funny how Aberdeen have the 3rd best defence in the league with all these haddys at centre half and in goals, but Dundee, with better defenders and Scott 'Gigi' Bain in goals are in the bottom 6.

Reynolds was great last year, it's only this season he's looked poor. Whether it's the injury or the goalkeeper issue, or something else.

We can't punt him based on one poor season. He could come good again.

Reynolds was always at his best when playing alongside Anderson, think he must have talked him through games as he looks totally lost without him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Reynolds go, he seems to have lost the ability to make a decision meaning he's caught in no mans land far too often. Also seems to have lost some of the pace he had 2 years ago.

I'd be delighted to have Greg Stewart come in, but i'm not sure what value of offer we'll put in.

Have to agree that Ash Taylor is probably weaker when it comes to playing up against the likes of celtic with Griffiths but the majority of teams we play against resort to long ball tactics with big lumps up top which Taylor handles better than the majority of defenders in our league.

Funny how Aberdeen have the 3rd best defence in the league with all these haddys at centre half and in goals, but Dundee, with better defenders and Scott 'Gigi' Bain in goals are in the bottom 6.

Reynolds was always at his best when playing alongside Anderson, think he must have talked him through games as he looks totally lost without him.

So I was right, he's struggled next to Taylor  :whistle

Reynolds was great last year, it's only this season he's looked poor. Whether it's the injury or the goalkeeper issue, or something else.

We can't punt him based on one poor season. He could come good again.

I agree with that and I would also say the same with Jack although I think he needs to be stripped of captaincy as this has clearly effected his game. 

Archived