Aberdeen signing targets Summer 2016

As it stands, yes. Hoping a steady hand comes in - I'd be happy with Jamie MacDonald based on his pure wonderboy antics when playing against us. Saying that there's probably a reason he was released by Hearts and ended up Falkirk and Kilmarnock.

Word on the street is Levein and Neilson weren't keen on how McDonald deals with crosses - I suspect they also wanted a keeper who was more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not cover as such. What I meant is he can play a number of positions, and with us operating on quite a tight squad flexibility is a good quality to have.

He will be on bigger money down south but he's also not been very good, so he might have to accept a cut.

here's a picture of his knee

http://twitter.com/Stevie__may/status/705479455498768384

What's the state of Stevie May's injury? He'd be the player I'd like to come in, provide cover for the front three positions. Proven at this level.

Think hes expected to be out until November-ish, with it being January before he's expected back into the first team picture. 

Wouldn't be a huge shock if he spends the second half of next season on loan somewhere getting his match fitness up, but by most account neither the player, nor his club, see any benefit in sending him back up here. Preston still seem quite keen on giving him a proper chance anyway.

His wages are around £10k a week now, was rumoured he was getting four times what we offered him, and he then got a pay rise after his move to Preston.

Think hes expected to be out until November-ish, with it being January before he's expected back into the first team picture.

Wouldn't be a huge shock if he spends the second half of next season on loan somewhere getting his match fitness up, but by most account neither the player, nor his club, see any benefit in sending him back up here. Preston still seem quite keen on giving him a proper chance anyway.

His wages are around £10k a week now, was rumoured he was getting four times what we offered him, and he then got a pay rise after his move to Preston.

Seems crazy he'd get a pay rise going from Wednesday to PNE but those leagues are mental.

Mabye this season is too soon but he is a player I'd love at the Dons

Seems crazy he'd get a pay rise going from Wednesday to PNE but those leagues are mental.

Mabye this season is too soon but he is a player I'd love at the Dons

He actually done alright at Wednesday, tbf, considering it was his first season and he was in and out of the team. His value actually went up aswell, cost SW £800k then move to Preston for £1m

Couple of shouts:

Shaun Hutchinson - is he leaving Fulham? I think he may be out of contract

Scott McDonald - whats the latest with him? Has shown himself to be effective as a squad player (has came off bench to score against us) and at 33 could be good experience with Anderson and Robson gone. Certainly talks a good game on radio.

Niall mcginn in the paper saying we need up to 5 players to challenge for the title next season. He might be right. A goalie, centre back and centre mid are priorities.

Can't see us getting may. The wage difference will be large.

Be lucky if we get four first team players tbh wouldnt be surprised if it was as little as three but can count on a couple of mclaughlin/hector punts that can always go either way

contract offered to Jayden Stockley. who?

Bournemouth striker, 22. Had a few loan spells.

Big lad 6ft 2

Definitely offered ?

Bournemouth paper just says he "could be a shock target".   He's been playing League 2 with Exeter recently.

contract offered to Jayden Stockley. who?

Bournemouth striker, 22. Had a few loan spells.

Big lad 6ft 2

9 goals in 21 games. Exeter are trying to get him signed for them. So the local paper said. 

Although church's scoring record has been good, he doesn't really bring anything else whatsoever to the team. I'm glad we are looking at other options.

He's a striker, he's supposed to score, what else is he supposed to bring to the team? Pringle's? A witty charm? A hot gf for dm to try it on with?

What players could you lose this summer?

We've got a great shot stopper who's unfortunately out of contract if your interested, I'll even pay for his bus fare down to mordor

Archived