Aberdeen signing targets Summer 2016

Milnzo clearly for the watching

I'm embracing terms like footy and penno these days. Tranny(transfer) is just the latest terrace lingo.

So, to the nearest thousand, what's the record?

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much do you think Hemmings will go for?

I think around about the £2 million mark barring natural disaster (i.e. injury or getting a nasty surprise with a release clause).

Championship teams down south pay that money regularly for players and the new TV deal for the Premier League will have a knock-on impact down the leagues.

Agreeing with StandFree here, no chance you get £2m for a 25 year old with one good top flight season.

1 mill for Douglas. I think anyway

Theres no point comparing transfer fees nowadays to those back in the 90s/early 00s. Even we used to spunk ~£300k fees about back then.

Agreeing with StandFree here, no chance you get £2m for a 25 year old with one good top flight season.

And I think he'll stay and have another good season. His shot to goal ratio is shit hot and keeping anywhere near it next season will generate interest from multiple clubs in the Championship easy.

Even the smallest clubs in that league are spending that sort of money every summer and it gets higher and higher. The test cases we've had in recent years have generally been clubs desperate to sell and/or players coming out of contract.

Aston Villa, QPR and Derby are three clubs that have been monitoring him. If they are keen at all, they would pay that money very easily and it would actually be a relatively low risk cheap deal for them when you consider his wages in comparison to some of their higher tier earners.

Championship clubs don't spend big fees on players from Scotland though. You get multi-million deals for players who have already proven themselves in that league, such as Rhodes and McCormack, but I can't recall a Championship club paying more than a few hundred thousand for an SPFL player apart from Kelvin Wilson a few seasons ago. There know most Scottish chairmen/women are probably going to accept any half decent offer that comes in and if an English club were to offer anything above 500k for any Dundee player, it would probably be accepted.

And I think he'll stay and have another good season. His shot to goal ratio is shit hot and keeping anywhere near it next season will generate interest from multiple clubs in the Championship easy.

Even the smallest clubs in that league are spending that sort of money every summer and it gets higher and higher. The test cases we've had in recent years have generally been clubs desperate to sell and/or players coming out of contract.

Aston Villa, QPR and Derby are three clubs that have been monitoring him. If they are keen at all, they would pay that money very easily and it would actually be a relatively low risk cheap deal for them when you consider his wages in comparison to some of their higher tier earners.

And if he has a good season next year then you're looking at selling him next Summer, which is when hes only got a year left on his deal. Which brings the price down again. 

You can bet your house on his agent whispering in his ear about getting a pay day so he wont extend his contract, so you either sell him when you can or wait on it expiring. We got £800k plus a raft of clauses for May who was younger. Id be surprised if you could get much higher than £1m.

Archived