Aberdeen signing targets Summer 2016

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen were interest in Stuart Bannigan of Thistle.

However recovering from a knee injuries and may fancy his chances down south of the border once fit.

Aberdeen were interest in Stuart Bannigan of Thistle.

However recovering from a knee injuries and may fancy his chances down south of the border once fit.

I spoke to an ITK Jags fan before our last match at Firhill, and he reckoned Bannigan was going to sign for the Dons in the summer. I think you are right though, more likely he will go south. The Partick lads did speak very highly of him though.

Shaun Hutchinson ex Motherwell now at Fulham would fit the bill for some recent AFC signings - tried English football and didn't have much success. Is he a dominant centre half?

Kane Hemmings might be worth a bid? Rumours of a release clause of £250k?

Think a wide midfielder will also be on McInnes' agenda. He's tried Monakana, Driver and Parker to name but three to give proper competition to Hayes and McGinn without any joy.

A commanding goalkeeper is a must. Outside of Danny Ward we've not had a competent keeper since Peter Kjaer around 15 years ago, time this was addressed!

Someone else to take the burden of scoring goals off Rooney. Simon Church has had a good scoring record but be surprised if he appears back. Need an alternative to putting Ash Taylor up front for the last 5 minutes of matches we trail!

Hemmings and Stewart are surely out of our price range.

Id love it if we could get Jackson Irvine, what a guy, but again I'd fear we'd be priced out.

Hutchison hasn't exactly done poorly since going to Fulham but he's not done particularly well either. Still, proven at this level, did he ever play alongside Reynolds at Motherwell?

It seems that this year's contracts mean that there's a pretty clear line between good players who would demand a decent chunk of cash and the shite players getting released cus they're shite.

Hutchison hasn't exactly done poorly since going to Fulham but he's not done particularly well either. Still, proven at this level, did he ever play alongside Reynolds at Motherwell?

They played together a grand total of 8 times.  Hutchinson only really became a regular when Reynolds left for Sheffield Wednesday.

Would be an excellent signing for any team in this league if he could replicate his performances for Motherwell. 

:lol:

Absolutely deluded.

McInnes is on about 'spending big'. I reckon if you offered somewhere in the region of £750,000 you'd get Stewart.

No chance of getting Kane.

Talking about deluded!

£750k on a mid-table Scottish 1st tier player with only a year left on his contract!?! Bite our hand off if we offer you half that amount pal...

Hearing chat that Hemmings has a release fee of £250k or thereabouts. Whether he does or not, I'd still prefer Rooney. Shankland back from a succesfull second half of the season with St. Mirren, and Scotland's great hope Connor McLennan as back-ups, I think we're fine up front.

Talking about deluded!

£750k on a mid-table Scottish 1st tier player with only a year left on his contract!?! Bite our hand off if we offer you half that amount pal...

Hearing chat that Hemmings has a release fee of £250k or thereabouts. Whether he does or not, I'd still prefer Rooney. Shankland back from a succesfull second half of the season with St. Mirren, and Scotland's great hope Connor McLennan as back-ups, I think we're fine up front.

Aberdeen might not pay that amount for Stewart but they daft c**t Rangers would. Sadly that's where I think he'll end up this summer.

Our club dismissed the rumours of Hemmings having a buy out clause as being utter shite. He came to us after a failed spell at Barnsley so he was hardly in the position to bargain about his contract.

Aberdeen might not pay that amount for Stewart but they daft c**t Rangers would. Sadly that's where I think he'll end up this summer.

Our club dismissed the rumours of Hemmings having a buy out clause as being utter shite. He came to us after a failed spell at Barnsley so he was hardly in the position to bargain about his contract.

Hopefully they do, and hopefully it hastens their inevitable downfall. c***s

I'll defer to your knowledge about that, was only what I heard from another message board. I don't think we'd have room for both Hemmings and Rooney. Both would expect to be first choice, and we invariably play 4-3-3 (thankfully).

Hemmings and Stewart are both shite and not good enough for Pittodrie.

giphy.gif

You're deluded, arrogant, OF-esque  and whatever the other insult is, that gets thrown around.

Talking about deluded!

Hearing chat that Hemmings has a release fee of £250k or thereabouts.

That's TOTY two years in a row despite being mid table, Greg Stewart to you, 'pal'. There will be much bigger fish than yourselves looking at him, if you don't want to enter the war, stay in your trench.

Also, your 'chat' is wrong. Stop repeating it.

Thank you.

St Mirren fans said similar about Kenny McLean.

If we want them we will take them.

Their board had given up on staying in the division though. Even we're trying to rip the piss out of St Mirren with transfer fees.

If we do eventually lose Hemmings (who will break the Dundee record transfer fee when he goes) to an actual real big team, selling Stewart for £500k or so is crap business and our board know this. He's insurance to relegation (which would leave us a lot financially worse off) and there have been some very harsh lessons imposed on a team very nearby.

Each league place you fall is £100k less and then relegation brings with it around half the prize money (12th place gets £500k more than top of the Championship) and a huge fall at the gate (I'd estimate at least 2k off the average attendance which would work out a loss of at least £600k) and this is potentially for every year.

Only way you'll get him is if you find some sort of release clause but that's highly doubtful.

Archived