Aberdeen signing targets Summer 2016

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were discussing Stewart... Apologies. Never thought anyone would be suggesting 2 million pounds for Kane Hemmings.

Stewart has had two good seasons - hence his 'player of the year' nominations both years.

Thank you.

Stewart has had two good seasons - hence his 'player of the year' nominations both years.

Thank you.

Why I thought the discussion about that sum of money would be more realistic, but still mental, for Stewart. ;)

After all if Celtic paid what they did for Armstrong and Ciftci..

How much do you realistically think you can get for them?

Championship clubs don't spend big fees on players from Scotland though. You get multi-million deals for players who have already proven themselves in that league, such as Rhodes and McCormack, but I can't recall a Championship club paying more than a few hundred thousand for an SPFL player apart from Kelvin Wilson a few seasons ago. There know most Scottish chairmen/women are probably going to accept any half decent offer that comes in and if an English club were to offer anything above 500k for any Dundee player, it would probably be accepted.

I'm not sure that they don't spend fees on players in Scotland. I just don't think that there have been many instances in recent years where a player well under contract who looks physically ready to play at that level and are as good statistically have come together. When it has done, it's been quite a few years ago and I think when you consider natural inflation and football inflation, it's not really an outrageous fee anymore. You are looking at a Premier League deal coming in that is going to double the amount of money into the English Premier league and the lower English divisions will see quite a bit of that filter through to them one way or another. We could be looking at the average transfer fee almost doubling on what it was just 2-3 years ago soon.

The Rhodes and McCormack deals are at the £10 million mark and aren't what I'm discussing, they go well beyond 'multi-million' deals. If you go through the list of transfers last year, there are a few mid 20s players who've come from League 2 clubs or the lower half of top Scandanavian divisions and there have been a few deals to other nations for players who aren't at a level too dissimilar to Scotland.

Hemmings and Bain can match that sort of fee in the not too distant future. Not talking about Stewart. Stewart doesn't have the physique to step up a level.

Dundee fans are so defensive over their players. The players we're talking about didn't even manage to get their team into the top 6 in one of the most average leagues in recent years.

Meh individuals don't make a team and all that. I am comfortable that Stewart has his limitations but Bain and Hemmings are great players at this level and both have it in them to go higher. I have been imposed doubts with my transfer fee estimate after the mass response but I'm a Dundee fan and haven't really had many players who other teams would actually want to sign over the past ten years so forgive me if I'm miscalculating things quite a bit.

I do think we have a habit of underselling Scottish football though. We do have some gifted players in our league outwith Celtic that are good footballers and can play a bit higher. You do see shite playing at levels apparently far above us that wouldn't stand out in here IMO.

I think you'll get more for Stewart than Hemmings, figure quoted probably about right, probably from Rangers.

Hemmings I just can't see him getting anywhere near that, he's been at Barnsley and Rangers before and barely made a mark, he's had a great season but don't think he's got enough about him to justify that kind of price tag.

Could be wrong though. I'm not really sure who'll be in for either of them to be honest. Might end up keeping both never know.

Paulo Hartley plans to use the Hemmings transfer fee for an audacious bid for '£3m rated' Scott Brown of Celtic...

2 million for Hemmings gave me a great laugh to start the day, thank you.

The guy failed to make it last time he was in england for one, also no championship team would pay that to a diddy team from scotland.

If you got an offer of 300k he would be gone.

2 million for Hemmings gave me a great laugh to start the day, thank you.

The guy failed to make it last time he was in england for one, also no championship team would pay that to a diddy team from scotland.

If you got an offer of 300k he would be gone.

Great laugh to start my day. £300k ffs :lol:

Archived