Motherwell vs The Perth Saints

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGhee going with a back 3 today. Official Twitter listing it as a 343. Crumbs!

Ripley

Kennedy Hall McManus

Cadden Lasley Pearson Johnson

Ainsworth Moult McDonald

Subs: Samson, Thomas, Campbell, Leitch, Gomis, Chalmers, Laing

Typical end of season affair. St Johnstone probably deservedly ahead, based on how it's gone so far.

Murray Davidson taken off injured. I, for one, am stunned.

Given Motherwell didn't really trouble us in the second half, I think we merited that win even if a half-time lead flattered us slightly.

It was a really disappointing goal to concede but would need to see it again before apportioning blame to Anderson and/or Clark. Motherwell had a couple of really decent chances after that and Johnson was looking lively but after we equalised through MacLean (from inside the six-yard box obviously) we probably shaded proceedings.

That's all four games against Motherwell that we've conceded first in but we've come back to win three. Also, our last six games have been four wins from Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell and County with the only goal conceded being self-inflicted and 9 scored but two defeats and no goals scored against the bottom two!

Hopefully with a five-point cushion for fourth we can have a real go at Celtic on Wednesday now.

I think a draw would have been a fairer result based on chances but I'm not really bothered to be honest. Swanson had a good game for Saints as big Easton. I'd take Easton to finally replace Hammell but it's very unlikely to ever happen.

The OTT policing/stewarding was quite funny

Archived