Clyde vs QP/QP vs Clyde - Play off Final

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be ironic if the spiders lost the game 1-0 on Saturday.

This would be 3 Saturdays in a row we get to celebrate a defeat.

1-0 loss to Annan (win a play-off spot)

1-0 loss to Cowdenbeath (win a place in play-off final)

1-0 loss to Clyde (win promotion into League 1)

It's not over yet. Just read back through the thread and be afraid of the Clyde hordes which will pack the stands on Saturday. There will be words to be eaten on Saturday night if the sleeping giants can turn this round.

Can't see Clyde keeping a clean sheet so unlikely they will progress. Not much criticism for BF on here. Fans confident he'll do better next season?

Looking at the minutes applause again is moving. QP support looks a lot less than I thought too.

Complete dive from McMann on second viewing, just stupid. Feel we had a claim for the keepers push on Smith though.

Didn't have much faith come 90 minute for Saturday but since then I'm getting more and more optimistic as someone has previously said, Elgin only lost twice at home and then we went and beat them 0-2 so anything is possible and even if we do lose then the players still deserve our full backing considering what else has gone on this week.

Queens were clinical. Defended well when it mattered and we didn't. Simple as that. We had chances and Muir had made a couple of really fine saves.

Disappointed but 90 minutes to go and you just never know.

Clyde training guide, Hooooooooof. End.

can't quite decide what brand I like the best barryball or nishball? On reflection barryball cos it's got that bit more variety

Hoofball targets can alternate between gemmell and gormley and for set pieces u can throw marvin and Linton into the mix

Genius!

Nothing to add to the comments, we were fucking dreadful, and i.said as much at half-time, to be met with a chorus of 'don't be so stupid'. Other than an accidental goal, we offered nothing. Fair enough to lose to a palpably better, more organised and more motivated team, but the biggest concern for me is hearing intelligent people clutch at straws like time-wasting, hoodoos and any other diddy excuse like it's supposed to be relevant. It isn't, a final is a final, and simply one team wanted it. And it wasn't Clyde.

Fair play to you; that's a pretty good and honest analysis.

I can't see Clyde pulling the two goals back on Saturday, but wouldn't be surprised, or too bothered, at losing 0/1.  Can't see some of the Bully Wee heifers coping with the big park.  Gemmell will be a threat...but the highlights show what a gut he has on him!  FFS...he won't last 70 minutes, especially if it's a hot day.  And that sub who came on...even fatter!

Gus got it spot on with tactics and selection.  Wee Bazza's in his back pocket - 4 wins and a draw for QP in the 5 games this year.

It's good to be alive this morning.

Really disappointed at the teams performance last night. After all the good football we've played in recent weeks then we go and resort to a long punt up the park for someone to win a header but the other striker not to read the flick on?! Andrews was very poor and gave away a stupid foul for the penalty. 2nd goal looked a shiter but I was at the other end of the stand so didn't see it perfectly.

The 3rd goal is an absolute wonder strike, fair play to the boy that scored it. That goals worthy of winning any game of football.

Keeping the (blind) faith for Saturday though, but it's a big ask now. We are capable of coming back from the 2-0 deficit but it's going to take everyone to be on their best form to have any chance.

I don't know what it is about Queens Park but we always play really poorly against them. Here's hoping that changes on Saturday.

Well done to Gus for getting his team selection right last night

It was imperative that we played with two up front, and that we put Burns back on the left side - I still think that there's a place for Baty instead of Mitchell to give us a bit more height against Bazza's blitz, but Gavin gives us more going forward so happy either way so long as we finish the job on Saturday. It ain't over until fat Boab's crying!

Archived