The Partick Thistle thread

So I took a quick look over the last 20 seasons years how many seasons we have played a team in a cup, then played them in a different competition(usually league) with a MAXIMUM of three games in between meetings.

ETA: I'm aware that we have played teams in close proximity in the league but restricted it purely to one game in cup and one game in league. No replays were counted.

Turns out it was 15 seasons!

2015/16 - Dundee United

2014/15 – St Mirren - C

2013/14 – Aberdeen(2 game gap) - C

2012/13 –Raith Rovers(2 game gap) - C

2011/12 – Queen of the South - C

2010/11 – Ross County - C

2009/10 – Queen of the South - C

2008/09 – NONE

2007/08 – St Johnstone(2 game gap) - C

2006/07 – Dundee - C

2005/06 – Stirling (2 game gap) - C

2004/05 – NONE

2003/04 – Celtic - C

2002/03 – Celtic (1 game gap) - C

2001/02 – Inverness CT (1 game gap) – C

2000/01 – NONE

1999/00 – Alloa Athletic (2 game gap) – C

1998/99 – NONE

1997/98 – Hamilton Accies – C

1996/97 – NONE

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

a dont want to get too ahead of myself here cause i know what normally happens, but if we get through this round wev gotta look at this as a real chance of making at least a semi maybe just maybe a final

Are you suggesting that getting to the quarter finals is a real chance of making a semi final? That's crazy talk.

12/03/16 I think.

It's not listed as a fixture for us so I'm guessing it will be against the dev squad.

Edit: We're at home to Celtic that day so it will be the dev squad. I hope no one makes the trip from Canada....

Edited by P45

12/03/16 I think.

It's not listed as a fixture for us so I'm guessing it will be against the dev squad.

Edit: We're at home to Celtic that day so it will be the dev squad. I hope no one makes the trip from Canada....

If Celtic make the league cup final that'll be a free weekend.

Use google, you thicko.

Would you believe I didn't have to use google. I already knew the most comprehensive stats page on this interweb machine, but there was no mention of a cup win in the 1970. 'Do you know what' I thought to myself, 'I'll go on to the Thistle page on Pie and Bovril' because there would be no more reliable place to get the info than that. 'Might even ingratiate myself a little with the yokels' I thought, foolishly.

If that makes me a thicko well I'll be wider than the Maryhill Road. Though I must say, becoming the second biggest team in Glasgow has clearly gone to some of your heads. Not the friendly, welcoming and helpful demeanour I have come to expect from the west end of Glasgow.