The Partick Thistle thread

I'm delighted Erskine has left Utd.

Yes he can't last 90 minutes but he is one of the few players in their team to actively drive forward with the ball and offer a reasonable threat.

Good signing for Partick.

Exactly what he did with us, plus a few skillful goals. Didn't do it with the Dabs... maybe he didn't like them :))

Welcome home Chris.... Dundees a shite and he wanna come home.

Song Dundee fans, that's all....

Not going to go full on buzz killington but he really wasn't that great in his loan spell 2 years ago, hopefully the fact he improved markedly last season for United is a better indication of being able to cope at this level.

Reasonably hopeful we'll get him before the window shuts , especially if United get a couple of other players in.

i actually thought before we got Erskine and Lyle Taylor on loan we were starting to struggle a bit after an excellent start in the premier league, had won maybe only once or twice in the previous 15 games and then when we got them on loan it gave both players and supporters a real boost as we started picking up more points

I was maybe a a wee bit harsh on Erskine when the news broke last night, can probably compare him to Lawless who also struggled with the step up in his first season in the top division but improved a lot last season- and if we do get relegated we know he can rip the hole out of the championship.

I think the confirmation is to hopefully force United's hand to sell in the January window, agree that we'll get him after the league game although I don't know whether he'll even play in that one.

Just Cerny, Osman, Doolan, Lawless, Booth, and Seaborne to get now...

Only want Erskine back cos him and doolan play so well together, bench is gonna be a young 1 tomorrow by the looks of things

good news that'll give us the attacking midfielder we've been lacking so much and also previously said about linking well with dools is bang on

excatly mate i wouldnt want goodwillie anywhere near thistle dont know if hed come anyway he took pelters off the thistle fans a while back i remember the ref at one point asking him if he was ok cause he was really getting wound up class "BEAST"

Was listening to SSB driving to the game and roger Hannah was reading out the teams.. When he said Doolan's name he said that he is on the verge of signing a long term contract.

What's with the new intake of Jags fans having horrendous grammar? Think we need an entrance exam for all new Thistle posters.

grammar-nazi-4.jpg

Edited by mrcat1990