The Partick Thistle thread

He was captain for the first 2 games then an 85th minute sub in the 3rd. Would have thought the Aussies would have been pretty pish to come 3rd in a group with UAE, Jordan, and Vietnam.

Was going to say something similar. I had seen he was captaining them but they can't be that good if they're getting pumped off that lot.

I'm amused at how variable folk's opinions are of players. A few months back and in particular last season after the Ross County game around this time, lots of people (me included) were slating Gary Fraser for his piss-poor attitude, but now he's suddenly a vital player. Weird.

I'm amused at how variable folk's opinions are of players. A few months back and in particular last season after the Ross County game around this time, lots of people (me included) were slating Gary Fraser for his piss-poor attitude, but now he's suddenly a vital player. Weird.

When it's a choice between him, David Wilson or Sean Welsh, it's easy to see why.

For what it's worth I think Fraser is a great player with potential to go further in the game than anyone else we've had over the last few years.

Surprised by the fee involved in the release of McGowan at United

'

McGowans contract was due to expire this summer, though it is believed United have managed to secure a fee for the players early release. The transfer is rumoured to be in the region of £350,000.

If that's the going rate. I would be really disappointed if we let bannigan go for less than that. I would rather he stayed but with him being only 23 I would expect we could get slightly more than that if it was to happen.

I'd imagine there's more money in the Chinese Superleague to pay that kind of fee than there is floating around the SPFL.

This.

They are probably high fiving the shite out of each other for getting him so cheap.

ETA they've just sold a centre half to another Chinese mob for £7m this month..

Edited by Deefiant

i know bannigan can go for free at the end of the season but hes a really important player for us we could end up with say 200 k or whatever the fee is and end up relegated it doesnt look so much value then does it we have a history of letting players go to save cash and it working out costing us in the long run cast your mind back to alex burns my memory is letting me down here but there was another 2 players we let go the season he left that wer important players and we got relegated the next season lambie himself said if we had paid an extra 50k to keep all 3 we wouldnt have got relegated that next season can anyone help me out with who the other players wer that left i cant think who else it was

i know bannigan can go for free at the end of the season but hes a really important player for us we could end up with say 200 k or whatever the fee is and end up relegated it doesnt look so much value then does it we have a history of letting players go to save cash and it working out costing us in the long run cast your mind back to alex burns my memory is letting me down here but there was another 2 players we let go the season he left that wer important players and we got relegated the next season lambie himself said if we had paid an extra 50k to keep all 3 we wouldnt have got relegated that next season can anyone help me out with who the other players wer that left i cant think who else it was

There were 5 that left to other SPL clubs that summer. A small hint is one is our current manager.

BBC gossip says:

"Former Hearts midfielder Ryan Stevenson has been released by Partick Thistle, which could pave the way for the 31-year-old to make a permanent move to Ayr United after a recent loan spell.(The Scotsman)"

Edited - official site has it

Edited by cilitbang

Toastie + Craigen went to motherwell

Archie + Shaggy went to utd

Hardie went to killie

I beleive we sold David Lilley to killie in january so in the space of a season lost our entire (and very good) back four

cheers mate thats the kind of thing you feel is never too far off hapening now with so many being out of contract at the end of the season altough wev done well to tie down dools and dumbaya

ive got to agrer with that mate but he does offer somethimg a bit different and also hes a player who is happy to take a shot from distance not always to good effect however he could be let away with some misses after that screamer at tynecastle

Fraser is an under rated entity. He is unfortunately injured a fair bit. I think with a injury free season and confidence that comes with that we'd all see the talent he has.

Definitely a better option than Welsh who's been a big disappointment this season as he's only shown some flashes of his old self.