The Partick Thistle thread

Only 684 tickets for Tynecastle, on sale after Saturday's game (if it's on) to ST holders only.

Wonder if we'll hear "we thought we had someone coming in, but he chose to go elsewhere" in the preview tomorrow?

final unconnected thought- I see Draper has signed an extension in Inverness, not that I thought Osman would go there anyway but that's surely one less team in the hunt.

Edited by Fuctifano

Marc Wallace blog on Jags in Daily Record is pretty much spot on and I hope Archie reads it! The issue we have is outside of Dools and Lawless is we lack creativity and need one or two attacking faces in before window shuts. I am concerned that this transfer period shuts and we get little traction to help us pull away from Killie and Accies.

It's great we are signing our top players to long term deals but none of that will matter should we not climb the table and in the end beat off 11th/12th place.

I am hoping this Mandron chat is just the windup i want and think it to be! ;-)

Surely Archie has at least two attacking bodies coming in before Sunday hits?

Its getting a little 'squeaky bum' around Firhill.

Someone on one of the facebook pages says we are bringing in 4 players, according to Paul Gallacher....but stunningly I can't find reference to that anywhere....

someone posted it on wearethistle over a week ago but needless to say no mention has ever been made again.

It was also at the same time posted that lawless was poised to sign a new deal again that doesn't seem to be the case

Greenied you by mistake. Sorry, but have you seen our bench? We are pretty much constantly one injury away from having real problems.

If Osman or Cerny got injured for a long time then I'd be really concerned, other than that I think we'd have decent enough cover for anyone in the squad.

Marc Wallace blog on Jags in Daily Record is pretty much spot on and I hope Archie reads it! The issue we have is outside of Dools and Lawless is we lack creativity and need one or two attacking faces in before window shuts. I am concerned that this transfer period shuts and we get little traction to help us pull away from Killie and Accies.

It's great we are signing our top players to long term deals but none of that will matter should we not climb the table and in the end beat off 11th/12th place.

I am hoping this Mandron chat is just the windup i want and think it to be! ;-)

Surely Archie has at least two attacking bodies coming in before Sunday hits?

Its getting a little 'squeaky bum' around Firhill.

If we got a striker a central midfielder and Erskine I'd be over the moon. we miss higgy big time, as much as lawless is clever and tidy wee footballer, he doesn't regularly go on a run at opposition defenders. I really thank that's what we are lacking at moment. But hey ho what the f**k do I know

I'll be glad when the window is shut, the world has gone well and truly fucking mental when someone agrees with Marc Wallace (VL).

Lol. Fair play. I did think when reading it that it was one of his better attempts. ;-)

He does make weight of putting all our eggs in the Doolan basket. If he gets injured and misses a few games who is stepping in who could legitimately fill in? Pogba has shown nothing to suggest that and the younger players don't have the experience.

Archie's been trying to get in a quality forward for the entire spell he's been manager. It's not an easy task.

I'm also hoping Ryan Edwards is going to shine now he can focus on club football.