The Partick Thistle thread

Motherwell just got rid of about five players and Inverness will still have excess cash from winning the Scottish Cup. Means their expenditure is lower/Income is higher at the moment so they can afford higher wages.

Stats look average. Hope it's not another Pogba type player. We need someone who can make an immediate impact Taylor style. In Archie we trust!

Taylor was ok but he only came on loan and was hardly goal a game material. I think folk need to move on. Haven't seen enough of pogba to clarify his quality but clearly all the folk we are looking at have the same sort of unproven pedigree. Can't remember anyone being excited about Osman signing. Lawless was unheralded etc. Whoever comes in has a chance of being as shite or as good as our recent signings. Our signings are like fruit - a gamble.

Dumbuya seems good, Amoo meh, pogba never fit - Ho Hum

Taylor was ok but he only came on loan and was hardly goal a game material. I think folk need to move on. Haven't seen enough of pogba to clarify his quality but clearly all the folk we are looking at have the same sort of unproven pedigree. Can't remember anyone being excited about Osman signing. Lawless was unheralded etc. Whoever comes in has a chance of being as shite or as good as our recent signings. Our signings are like fruit - a gamble.

Dumbuya seems good, Amoo meh, pogba never fit - Ho Hum

No-one has terrified or given defences more to do in a Thistle shirt than Taylor did. His finishing wasn't the greatest, but he is many, many, many times better than the player we have in his role currently. I really hope Pogba proves me wrong, but so far he's been shite.

If we were offered Taylor for another 6 months, I'd take him in a heartbeat. That's not to say there's not someone out there that's better, because there probably is. And there's no way he's coming back anyway.

Aye that's a weird one.Not like we're a bigger club with higher attendances who have sold players for more money or anything.

bigger club hmmm don't think so, who have you sold for decent money . even when motherwell had possibly their best time in their history, finishing 3rd in league a couple of years back their crowds stuggled to get over 4k

Tbf they sold Lee Erwin last season and managed to sign up players like McDonald and Pearson as well as pay fees for several others. I don't doubt they could pay more.

Just noticed that Pearson joined Motherwell from Kerala Blasters as well. Hopefully German is of similar quality.

i would really like to see us keep hold of osman, even if it means paying more than usual for us. obviously you don't want to pay too much to the amount where you endanger the club, however losing osman really could be the difference of staying in the league next season, after our top 6 finish this season

Not just an excellent couple of points, but a lesson in punctuation. Welcome Geordie Shaw, welcome!

Aye that's a weird one.Not like we're a bigger club with higher attendances who have sold players for more money or anything.

^scrambling for relevance.

Motherwell - An ailing club from a post-industrial backwater.

Partick Thistle - From Scotland's largest and most vibrant city. After decades in the doldrums, we now have a top class youth academy, we're backed by millionaires, we're the subject of global media coverage and we're widely regarded as Scotland's most innovative and coolest club.

This vessel is going places, baby.

Edited by Hammer Jag

bigger club hmmm don't think so, who have you sold for decent money . even when motherwell had possibly their best time in their history, finishing 3rd in league a couple of years back their crowds stuggled to get over 4k

Fwiw I don't even think we'll sign Osman but this is ridiculously wrong. Motherwell are quite clearly a bigger club than Partick Thistle, not by much - but by enough. We've sold Erwin, Anier and Ojamaa for a few hundred grand over the last couple of years, as well as the Murphy sell on fee. We finished 2nd with gates of 5k, not 3rd and struggling for 4k.

...Or have I just been whooshed to f**k?

Fwiw I don't even think we'll sign Osman but this is ridiculously wrong. Motherwell are quite clearly a bigger club than Partick Thistle, not by much - but by enough. We've sold Erwin, Anier and Ojamaa for a few hundred grand over the last couple of years, as well as the Murphy sell on fee. We finished 2nd with gates of 5k, not 3rd and struggling for 4k.

...Or have I just been whooshed to f**k?

yep things wer better in the past, but look to this season and last. Last season 2nd bottom stayed up in a play off against a poor rangers team crowds of 3k, this season looks like same again same crowds.

Unfortunatley you are a team on the downward slope the mighty jags are on the up.