The Partick Thistle thread

This is not good news regarding Muzzy.  We will soon find out if we have any of the player's budget left...

I noticed Maxy, Archie and Shaggy all signed new contracts in the summer. Not that they were undeserved but were they done on the back of the OF dividend?

The bad news just keeps coming.

I haven't been this apathetic towards a new season since the end of Ian McCall's tenure.

Just about to start our 4th consecutive season in top flight, debt free and an impressive youth set up now in place. Aye, things are looking bleak right enough. <_<  

The one small consolation as far as Dumbuya is concerned is that we have plenty of time to find cover. I know we were in for Darnell Fisher last year and with St Johnstone not taking him on full time, he might be available on loan again. I know he struggled with injuries and a loss of form but Kieron Duffie was always relatively well thought of at Falkirk and is a free agent as far as I know - six month deal to prove himself might be an option if he's fit (and any good).

We're a good option for players these days so I'm not too worried about finding a capable replacement; however "capable" and "effective for our system" are two different things as we found out last year up until Dumbuya's introduction.