The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, P-T-118 said:

He was at firhill on Saturday - in the JHS...

looked rough as f@#K - don't think he'd get a game at junior level at the moment

Probably just needs a little something to pep him up :whistle

I quite like this league format. It might be weighted against the small teams a bit, ie no chance to go through to the next round via a one off win against a 'bigger' club, but at least it guarantees them a game against a Premiership side and a total of four games they / we might not have had otherwise, to bring in some money.

The games for us are a mile better than the usual pre season knock abouts.

8 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

I quite like this league format. It might be weighted against the small teams a bit, ie no chance to go through to the next round via a one off win against a 'bigger' club, but at least it guarantees them a game against a Premiership side and a total of four games they / we might not have had otherwise, to bring in some money.

The games for us are a mile better than the usual pre season knock abouts.

That is probably the best thing about it from every club's point of view.   If I could be bothered I'd go and look at who the bigger teams are putting on the park to see if they are doing the same as us and rotating folk in and out.  I noticed that Moult was playing for Motherwell the other day though, despite Muttley saying that he needed an operation and that he was getting painkilling injections, which seems a bit daft if there's a league campaign to play soon.

Edited by archie guevara

Agreed. From a money perspective and the fact that the games have meaning is a major plus.

I don't agree that smaller clubs don't have a chance. Look at County and Hamilton and Dundee haven't set the heather alight having struggled to get going. I think this format is a winner.

I like the new format, the more years it continues and we maybe draw sides away that we've not played in a while it can only get better.

As for the Stenny game it was comfortable as f**k apart from most of the second half when we dropped the tempo right down and got caught offside by Stenny 1000 times.

Crawford is pish but in terms of a short term stop-gap he's done exactly what we've needed of him really. With Cerny and Scully fully rested he'll doubtless be punted either before the window or just after.

Archie said post match interview that we basically didn't play Cerny due to the plastic pitch. 

Expect Cerny to play on Saturday so Crawford will probably be on the bench (iirc Archie said Scully only startred training with the reserves recently). 

In other nees, Dundee are severely weakend :P