The Partick Thistle thread

From Club Website: 

Queen’s Park

Although the Premiership shuts down for the first two weeks of January there is still plenty of football to be had as the other leagues continue with business as usual. So, to help our season ticket holders get their football fix during the winter break, we’ve teamed up with another Glasgow team – Queen’s Park – to offer the Jags faithful a top January bargain.

The Spiders will be offering a 30% discount on adult tickets for their match against Stranraer on Saturday January 6th meaning a ticket, usually £14, is just £10 when a valid PTFC season ticket is presented at the turnstiles.

Also reduced prices for the Glasgow Rocks next two home games if tickets bought online with promo code.

Bit of an odd one that. I guess if he's still on route to full fitness and starting to show signs of his former self just about coming through in training then deal extention sort of makes sense. Although may of gotten it just for trying to turn a Celtic fans bonce into mush which is fair fucks.

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

From Club Website: 

Also reduced prices for the Glasgow Rocks next two home games if tickets bought online with promo code.

You'da thunk a winter shutdown would be a good time to stage a sixes/sevens indoor tournament.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When Wigan poached Hendry from you lot, how much did you receive in compo?

The phrasing used at the time was "six figures" but never anything more detailed than that. I'm sure someone on here claimed a while back that it was around £250k, but that was rubbished by SLJ (I think).

In other words, f**k knows.

Edited by Nightmare

27 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I’m surprised that Celtic are interested.
I don’t think he made much impact in the lower leagues in England.

I kind of thought the same when it was mentioned. Particularly given they already have Ajer at the club who I'd have thought would be slightly ahead of Hendry tbh.

By all accounts they're getting shot of Sviatchenko and with interest in Simunovic surely Celtic's priority should be centre halves who are markedly better than what they've got who'll be able to allow them to improve at European level rather than a 22 year old who had played less than 30 first team games before he pitched up at Dens.

That said, I get the impression that the interest from Celtic (if it's actually concrete) is probably a bit of a development gamble. Dundee got him for nothing, he's only been there for 6 months and if they wait til the end of the season his value may have increased a bit. Celtic see a bit of potential there and are betting on Dundee being happy to flip the player and taking £500k+ for someone they picked up for free in the summer.

Some of the comments on the official Facebook announcement are actually AIDS.

Agreed. Vile troglodytes with very little IQ.

This new year and as we get ready for 2nd half of season it’s time to support the whole team and management so we can climb this league.

I’ve no time for these types of people.

Was never in doubt that Fraser would get until the end of the season despite the fact the money would be better utilised elsewhere; Archie and Shaggy both have a large soft spot for him. We've invested a lot of money in him and I suppose it would be crazy to discard him once he's fit/less injured than he was. 

Barring a miraculous run of form and fitness though, I imagine this will be his last hurrah with us. A great talent; just doesn't have the body or mentality to go with it.