The Partick Thistle thread

19 hours ago, colliedug said:

Will the cup game be available to stream for abroad subscribers of jagzone as it looks like Aberdeen are not streaming it and the only game not to be televised??

If Aberdeen aren’t streaming it, we won’t be. Only JZ audio commentary will be available I’d imagine. 

Holt’s injury tonight did not look good at all, looks like he could be out long-term. Will probably be McMillan at CB for the considerable since Akinola and Brownlie have declined massively. Think we’ll struggle a bit as McMillan has been excellent at RB, bombing forward and linking up brilliantly with Lawless.

56 minutes ago, Reid said:

Holt’s injury tonight did not look good at all, looks like he could be out long-term. Will probably be McMillan at CB for the considerable since Akinola and Brownlie have declined massively. Think we’ll struggle a bit as McMillan has been excellent at RB, bombing forward and linking up brilliantly with Lawless.

Reckon McCall/club might regret not bringing in further CB cover like was being rumoured a month or so ago.

41 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Reckon McCall/club might regret not bringing in further CB cover like was being rumoured a month or so ago.

I can see why we didn’t, because we had 4 of them on the books. Admittedly the quality in that area of the pitch does not match the rest, but it would be hard for him to justify carrying 5 CBs at our level.

Looking like a pretty shite situation now if Holt is out though.

I guess we’ll just need to hope that either/both of Akinola and Brownlie can very, very quickly return to previous form. Or we can try to convince a free agent to sign and pray they get up to speed almost instantly.

More likely it’ll be McMillan at centre half and Hodson in at right back, with absolutely no cover whatsoever. Not ideal. 

28 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd honestly hope we're looking / have already looked into a sports psychologist or something similar for Akinola, the guy can play football to a high standard at Championship level but his confidence is zero.

Interesting point to psychologist as many clubs now have them including Ayr who just hired one .I have a cousin who consulted for another Championship team and biggest issue (no surprises)with some players was post match blues if it involved a defeat of bad individual performance .Trick was to not dwell on result or over analyse it /performance and move on positively to next game .A lot of players also feel a post match void that was previously filled with a match high ……again getting guys out of this void and on focusing positively to next game could be a great help . Can’t see any downside in having a focused Sports Psychologist on the team.

Edited by I Clavdivs