The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Creevy actually seems a bit… unhinged? One minute talking about legal action, and the next splattering every thought he has about the situation all over social media.

I disagree. If his relevant points are true, then he’s been ‘done over’, particularly with regard to his comments re: the minutes.

Appreciation should be given to the Chairman of the Foundation for his duties as a go between., but ultimately he’s bound by the rules and regulations of company law with regard to the Foundation’s position on the Board.

A disappointing and embarrassing start to fan ownership ( if that’s what it is) from all the parties involved.

I don’t doubt that Low, Britton et al will be having a wee smile to themselves.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Creevy actually seems a bit… unhinged? One minute talking about legal action, and the next splattering every thought he has about the situation all over social media.

Two sides to every story of course, but I don’t think he comes across as unhinged in his most recent statement (his first statement was quite amateurish) It seems more of a problem between him and McCrea than anything else though. 

The consequence of all this is that any investor - current or future - will look at the club and either question what they're doing, or, more likely, run a mile. This is the saddest part.

Edited by TimBob

2 hours ago, TimBob said:

The consequence of all this is that any investor - current or future - will look at the club and either question what they're doing, or, more likely, run a mile. This is the saddest part.

Despite the official denial there seems to have been an issue over who we were getting investment from that has led to the current situation where we are a chairman down but £1million up so I'm not too concerned about that aside from further dilution of shares but that may be a necessary evil to gain future, large investment.

9 hours ago, TimBob said:

Both times last season when there were off field issues - the board room debacle in Oct/Nov and the Financial problems at the start of the year, our results fell off a cliff. 

51 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Both times last season when there were off field issues - the board room debacle in Oct/Nov and the Financial problems at the start of the year, our results fell off a cliff. 

I don't think this is anywhere near as bad. It's barely known about outwith ourselves, and even then, it's basically a few statements and a couple of comments on a forum.

It's all a bit tinpot really.

Stretching it if we try to use this for a bad run!

Edited by baba douche

4 hours ago, baba douche said:

I don't think this is anywhere near as bad. It's barely known about outwith ourselves, and even then, it's basically a few statements and a couple of comments on a forum.

It's all a bit tinpot really.

Stretching it if we try to use this for a bad run!

You’re right, it’s not in the same league as last season(hopefully). I really meant that the players seemed to be affected by it.

So in layman's terms,  someone has came to the club with 500k in his back pocket saying it's yours for 8 percent shareholding,   you will get it on one condition,  get that chairman to f**k or you are getting nowt..  

Is that a shortened version of what's happened..

49 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So in layman's terms,  someone has came to the club with 500k in his back pocket saying it's yours for 8 percent shareholding,   you will get it on one condition,  get that chairman to f**k or you are getting nowt..  

No.

Statements have suggested that the dispute between directors is unrelated to this investment. It sounds like they started before the McClymont offer was on the table.

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

No. The dispute between AC and the other Club Board directors was completely unrelated to the investment deal.

It is unfortunate that the two issues reached their completion at almost exactly the same time, because this has confused them in the eyes of some outside observers.

But I can absolutely 100% guarantee that the new investor was not involved either in the original dispute, or the efforts to resolve it. Indeed, Alistair Creevy himself doesn’t imply this in any of his statements.

Alistair Creevy was removed because it was plain as day to the majority shareholder, and its trustees, that there was zero prospect of either (a) him continuing to work with the other four directors or (b) reaching a voluntary agreed departure from the Club Board. His continued presence on the board was not tenable so he was removed.

There is nothing more or less to it than that. Whatever folk think of the content and veracity of recent public statements made by Alistair Creevy, he has rather proved the point in making the public statements he has.

Edited by Ad Lib

I know it is just from one side, but Creevy explicitly mentions he had a £400k investor arranged. 

Not sure if that's made up.

I'm perfectly happy with the incoming investment by the way, despite some judicial implications on the fan ownership model we have been  fed.

I see despite the boardroom unpleasantness, we have added or renewed 3 sponsorships in the last few days. 

Good to see the staff are carrying on with business as usual. 

3 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Section B, is it real?

How far to Drumgelloch Station?

How far to Airdrie Station?

Do Sellick boss the Excelsior?

Best asking on the Airdrie thread, mate.