The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

That's Aero confirmed as activating a contract extension until the end of next season.

Perfectly happy with that as long as he has some competition next season. 

On 20/05/2024 at 13:39, DiegoDiego said:

On the subject of Mr Graham, thought I'd mention how great a job he did this season. It's one thing to be the league's top goalscorer, but some of his defending in the playoffs was excellent and he was like an assistant manager out there, always making sure everyone was in the right place at set pieces and throw ins. There's so much more to him than simply scoring against every other team in the division.

Also like missing a last minute sitter that would have sworded Raith Rovers. 

Fine with Muirhead as a squad option. Really hope he's not starting 95% of games next season again, though.

Considering we have O'Reilly, Muirhead and Williams under contract already, plus McBeth who can play there, I can't imagine CB will be too high up Doolan's list of priorities right now. Might be waiting a while for another CB, until our budget position is a bit clearer later in the window.

3 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Also like missing a last minute sitter that would have sworded Raith Rovers. 

I suppose he'll just have to settle for the 26 he didn't miss last season. 

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

Mitchell and Cheezy are. Possibly Sneddon too. I've lost track with him as he keeps getting extended. He must have been at the club for a fair while now?

Sneddon is out of contract and all. McCready is still contracted for next season though

2 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I think Stewart and Mitchell will be away. I think the club will offer Sneddon a deal, again.

Just a hunch.

Considering he’s not even our best keeper it will be ridiculous if Sneddon gets a new deal mate. 
We Need to be more ruthless 

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I think Stewart and Mitchell will be away. I think the club will offer Sneddon a deal, again.

Just a hunch.

Would be OK with either of Sneddon or Mitchell signing on for another year as long as we get another strong goalkeeper signed up. 

1 minute ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Just a hunch.

I'd rate them as follows this season, with 5 a pass mark for Championship standard keepers:

Mitchell - 4/10, belatedly stepped in and was almost adequate but not quite; seemed to be hiding or in a huff along with his agent before that when Stewart got picked ahead of him.

Sneddon - 3/10, shame as he seems a nice lad but not sure what's happened to him as he was probably at passmarks last season - confidence or concentration issues, and/or poor coaching?

Stewart - 0/10, would be amazed if he gets another gig; quite incredible that he has had any sort of career as a GK.