The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, third lanark said:

What about Adeloye and McInroy?

All the loanees were listed as going back to parent club, on the list I saw. But that’s usually a formality even if we are exploring keeping any of them. 

Just now, third lanark said:

What about Adeloye and McInroy?

I would imagine they'll just put them down as "returned to parent club" whether or not they have been offered contracts. 

Alston played well in both games vs Raith but was poor for the past part so not a big fan of him being kept on. I’m fine with Mitchell staying but hopefully we’ll be looking at other GKs too.

3 minutes ago, Reid said:

Alston played well in both games vs Raith but was poor for the past part so not a big fan of him being kept on. I’m fine with Mitchell staying but hopefully we’ll be looking at other GKs too.

My feelings also. 

31 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Considering he’s not even our best keeper it will be ridiculous if Sneddon gets a new deal mate. 
We Need to be more ruthless 

Did Sneddon touch you somewhere? I think most of us agree that there’s not much between him and Mitchell and that we should be looking for better - but your dislike for him is as strong as your love for some lower league striker that you used to always bang on about (who’s name I thankfully forget)

1 minute ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Did Sneddon touch you somewhere? I think most of us agree that there’s not much between him and Mitchell and that we should be looking for better - but your dislike for him is as strong as your love for some lower league striker that you used to always bang on about (who’s name I thankfully forget)

No need for the sarcastic comment He’s been here 7 years and not improved enough if at all.  Same mistakes and blunders-  I would have expected a lot of these to have been ironed out.  Mitchell makes mistakes but nowhere near the scale of Sneddon who was costing us 3 goals a game some of the games 

The annoyance with Sneddon is that he makes some brilliant saves - he could be a really good keeper, but he’s prone to too many brain farts and the odd shot that seems to go right through him. In the round I’d say he’s fine - but he’s at both the extremes. Mitchell is just more consistently meh. 

who was the player you used to fan boy over? It’s bothering me now. 

1 minute ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

The annoyance with Sneddon is that he makes some brilliant saves - he could be a really good keeper, but he’s prone to too many brain farts and the odd shot that seems to go right through him. In the round I’d say he’s fine - but he’s at both the extremes. Mitchell is just more consistently meh. 

who was the player you used to fan boy over? It’s bothering me now. 

A bit ott to get bothered about it - but I suggested we sign Pat Clarke at the time from Clyde? If that’s who your meaning

Up now.

Spoiler

Contracted for 2024/25

Harry Milne

Wasiri Williams

Aaron Muirhead

Stuart Bannigan

Brian Graham

Steven Lawless

Scott Robinson

Luke McBeth

Daniel O’Reilly

Aidan Fitzpatrick

Ben Stanway

James Lyon

Zander MacKenzie

Mason McCready

Sally Turay

Jamie Taggart

Ricco Diack

In talks with the club

Jack McMillan

Blair Alston

David Mitchell

Returning from loan club with discussions to be held

Anton Dowds

Returning to their parent club

Lewis Neilson

Kerr McInroy

Kieran Ngwenya

Tomi Adeloye

Leaving the club

Jamie Sneddon

Ross Stewart

Ji Stevenson

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

Anton Dowds

I'm sure those discussions will be a laugh after his agent's wee tantrum.

I'm sure they will be something like.

"Welcome back. Good luck with your next club Anton."

Surprised and a bit disappointed we are keeping Alston, as playoff performances aside he’s been very meh. With Crawford joining that probably means we won’t be signing any other attack minded midfielders.

Mitchell is okay and better than Sneddon but I would really like us to get an upgrade in that position if we have intentions of winning this league, with Mitch as a good backup.

Hopefully McMillan signs but I don’t see it. If we were to keep him though, I’d be looking at wingers as a priority to round out the squad.

I still think we either need a solid defensive midfielder that can put his foot on the ball (or get a full pre season preparing McBeth for that role and sign another CB).

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Anton Dowds

I'm sure those discussions will be a laugh after his agent's wee tantrum.

He’s also Mitchell’s agent if I’m correct?