The Partick Thistle thread

6 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Posh is an utterly honking nickname for a football team.

Remember when Victoria Beckham tried to sue them for "exploiting her brand" by "adopting" the nickname Posh (despite the fact the club was founded in the 1930's)... 🤪🤪Scrawny old Tory bag 

Supposedly we are looking to bring in one more player, that being a striker and that is it.

Disappointed we are not aiming to get one more winger in as well.

19 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Supposedly we are looking to bring in one more player, that being a striker and that is it.

Disappointed we are not aiming to get one more winger in as well.

Casper can also play on the wing, not sure how good he is on the wing yet, but he did so at u21 level with Brighton. 

Should be interesting on Saturday actually as I'd expect him to start. 

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Casper can also play on the wing, not sure how good he is on the wing yet, but he did so at u21 level with Brighton. 

Should be interesting on Saturday actually as I'd expect him to start. 

Contrary to what I said yesterday about hearing we were only signing one more player, supposedly that has changed already. We should actually have two arriving in the near future. Both on loan from England.

2 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Contrary to what I said yesterday about hearing we were only signing one more player, supposedly that has changed already. We should actually have two arriving in the near future. Both on loan from England.

That's promising news. Will we be lucky and both make an impact or will they be Mukendi-like disappointments?

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

Is one of them that Tsimanga boy? 

49 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is one of them that Tsimanga boy? 

Unfortunately not, it appears our offer for him has been rejected due to us not paying the percentage of his wages Peterborough wanted for the loan. 

Like mentioned above one is a boy on loan from Swansea.
The other is a striker on loan from Fulham. 

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

That's promising news. Will we be lucky and both make an impact or will they be Mukendi-like disappointments?

I agree it is positive news, as we did look light in areas of the pitch.
Regarding the quality of two boys we are bringing in remains to be seen, I had not heard of either of them. Fingers crossed they are good additions.  

It appears loans from bigger teams in England is a signing strategy Doolan is keen on.

Edited by R&Y99