The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was the season before, but he’s a very good player for this level. Picked up a really bad injury which cut his time with us short (and I think kept him out for most of last year), but looked decent on the ball and solid defensively - exactly the kind of player Brown seems to be after.

I hope he tells you to bolt. 

Haha cheers. Think it’s a done deal by all accounts. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Were rumoured to be in for MacAvoy from Fulham, think he was with you last season? Any decent?

Interesting if true, wasn't it Oakly that landed on him that caused the injury that kept him out.

23 minutes ago, velojag said:

Interesting if true, wasn't it Oakly that landed on him that caused the injury that kept him out.

It was Robbie Muirhead but pretty sure it was an accident. Would have taken him back if we didn't already have about 25 centre halves. 

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McAvoy announced. Surprised he was as highly rated by you guys as I didn’t think he played that many games before injury. 

One of those ones where it’s hard to really know for sure due to his limited appearances, but he immediately passed the eye test. From what I remember I think he was quite a similar type of player to Lewis Neilson.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

McAvoy announced. Surprised he was as highly rated by you guys as I didn’t think he played that many games before injury. 

He didn’t. But what we saw from him before his injury was pretty decent.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Very good player, mobile, good on the deck and is versatile as well .

3 hours ago, Maine said:

Anyone fancy doing an official song book, can’t keep up with all the new stuff.

It’s one small criticism I’d agree with about the “ultras” movement.

Generally they’ve been great for the atmosphere, but they don’t sing enough of the old classics songs that everyone knows and can join in with, because they’re determined to create a brand new song for every single player. It’s a minor thing, in fairness.

Aye, bloody young people, they've also speeded it up and cut off what made Maryhill is Wonderful such a good song! The big long slow intro and then 'drop the beat'.

I do like the range of tunes they're using though, from Boney M to Bruce Sprinsteen. A touch of class. I look forward to Terry Ablade's song being to the tune of The Beatles' Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da...

1 hour ago, Griff Sheridan said:

I look forward to Terry Ablade's song being to the tune of The Beatles' Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da...

I prefer the into to 'Volare' myself.

One for the kids...

(Also used to sing this for Steve Maskrey).